Ticket Balance Payments

JoeyT

13 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Anyone know if you can buy a car park ticket if you decide you need one after paying the balance? Worst case you can pay when you turn up, right?

Yes, you can buy one up to a certain point but have to repay postage (unless you phone See), or buy or arrival for a little more (usually £5).

• Like 1

Bit of advise needed: I want a bottle but can't decide between getting the 500ml one when I pay my balance, or buying a 750ml one separately online. They are both £10 but on the website I have to pay £5 postage, something I assume I don't have to do if I buy wih the balance.

What do we reckon folks? Buy a bigger one now for a bit more, or a smaller one for slightly cheaper? (Could buy the bigger one now and get all excited!) 

P.s. can you buy both bottles on site, hence avoiding postage costs?

4 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

Paid my first ever Glastonbury balance. Just added up costs so far from Ireland....

€1458 euro!!!   Ouch!

Cannot f*****g wait ?

How has it cost that much? We come from Ireland too, only extra cost from the  ticket is about €100 -€150 for a flight and around €30 a head for transport from Bristol airport.

21 hours ago, Bovla said:

Bit of advise needed: I want a bottle but can't decide between getting the 500ml one when I pay my balance, or buying a 750ml one separately online. They are both £10 but on the website I have to pay £5 postage, something I assume I don't have to do if I buy wih the balance.

What do we reckon folks? Buy a bigger one now for a bit more, or a smaller one for slightly cheaper? (Could buy the bigger one now and get all excited!) 

P.s. can you buy both bottles on site, hence avoiding postage costs?

I found the 750ml too big. The smaller one fits into cargo shorts pockets much easier. 

You can always email See and get them to add the bottles to your order to avoid extra postage. Can you only buy the 500ml one when you pay your balance then? 

Edited by hurdy
Misread

12 minutes ago, hurdy said:

I found the 750ml too big. The smaller one fits into cargo shorts pockets much easier. 

You can always email See and get them to add the bottles to your order to avoid extra postage. Can you only buy the 500ml one when you pay your balance then? 

That's right. I have a 500ml one from a few years ago, so have ordered a 750ml from the online shop.

My worry was that this year there's a new design. If this is the case, I'll end up buying a new 500ml one at the farm too.

23 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

Paid my first ever Glastonbury balance. Just added up costs so far from Ireland....

€1458 euro!!!   Ouch!

Cannot f*****g wait ?

Enjoy your first Glastonbury. Are you glamping or how can it be so expensive?

I go by ferry (Sail & Rail). They have no luggage restrictions. The only other expense is one night B&B to meet my coach to the site.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hurdy said:

Well there is only an option for a 'bottle' it doesn't give a size option, and a read somewhere that it's the 500ml. I think I will end up going for 500ml, I can always buy the bigger one on site if I think it's too small.

As I have coach tickets I'm not sure when I'll get it, I guess when tickets are dispatched hit it'll be just the bottle for me. At least I'll get to take part in the 'its arrived' hype this year!

Just now, Bovla said:

As I have coach tickets I'm not sure when I'll get it, I guess when tickets are dispatched hit it'll be just the bottle for me. At least I'll get to take part in the 'its arrived' hype this year!

You get a voucher then collect it at the site, I'm afraid!

6 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Oh ☹️ guess I'll just wait until I get to the site then, not benefit in ordering it beforehand is there?

They've sold their surplus pretty quickly in the past. I'd preorder if you def want one, sure there's a good chance they'd let you swap it for the bigger one if there's any left when you collect it

15 minutes ago, hurdy said:

They've sold their surplus pretty quickly in the past. I'd preorder if you def want one, sure there's a good chance they'd let you swap it for the bigger one if there's any left when you collect it

Alrighty, good idea ?

5 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Enjoy your first Glastonbury. Are you glamping or how can it be so expensive?

I go by ferry (Sail & Rail). They have no luggage restrictions. The only other expense is one night B&B to meet my coach to the site.

2 tickets, 2 flights, 2 coach tickets from Bristol and prepitched camping cos I can't be arsed bringing tents etc on a flight.

Oh and 2 bottles lol.

Really looking forward to it.

Got EP then in Stradbally in September

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2019 at 11:48 AM, Magic Rat said:

€1458 euro!!!   Ouch!

Cannot f*****g wait ?

Holy moly.... I'm coming from Ireland too and I'm nowhere near that! Treat yourself to some VIP camping maybe?

You're going to have a blast - no matter how many people tell you how amazing it is, it's still going to exceed your expectations!

Well done getting tickets, the countdown is well and truly on now ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bovla said:

Well there is only an option for a 'bottle' it doesn't give a size option, and a read somewhere that it's the 500ml. I think I will end up going for 500ml, I can always buy the bigger one on site if I think it's too small.

The 750 is a bit big but does fit a bottle of wine in it! You get a voucher and pick them up from the  water aid kiosks. You can also buy them from there if they have any extras but they go very quickly

PS not seen the bigger ones onsite since the first year. 

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added PS