Ticket Balance Payments

JoeyT

Sadly, both my other half and I will be putting our tickets back in to the pot. We're expecting our second child on the 2nd of June, so there isn't really any way we can do Glastonbury this year. I'll have to be content with watching it all on the telly and running Secret Glasto twitter again this year to get my "fix"

Hopefully the ticket gods will be shining on me next year, and i'll make my return for the big 50th.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mr flow said:

Sadly, both my other half and I will be putting our tickets back in to the pot. We're expecting our second child on the 2nd of June, so there isn't really any way we can do Glastonbury this year. I'll have to be content with watching it all on the telly and running Secret Glasto twitter again this year to get my "fix"

Hopefully the ticket gods will be shining on me next year, and i'll make my return for the big 50th.

Poor excuse...

Not really, congrats!

45 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

The poll on The Thingy twitter account was showing 19% returning tickets. That would be around 25k tickets up for grabs based on 140k sold. Can’t be right can it? Seems awfully high!

Considering most of those responses will be from people actively following Glasto related twitter accounts, I reckon the returned amount is even higher.

People do have surprisingly good success rates in the resale, people on here usually put it down to less trying but there could be far more tickets available than we expect. Would be really interesting to find out.

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

People do have surprisingly good success rates in the resale, people on here usually put it down to less trying but there could be far more tickets available than we expect. Would be really interesting to find out.

This. I would love to know the numbers on each year with regards to how many tickets are returned / remaning balances not paid / however you want to put it etc. 

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Considering most of those responses will be from people actively following Glasto related twitter accounts, I reckon the returned amount is even higher.

Considering the sheer demand in October I can’t see it happening... but I guess it’ll happen one day where supply finally outnumbers the demand and everyone’s shocked that they can just click right through to the booking page later.

1 hour ago, Harry49 said:

The poll on The Thingy twitter account was showing 19% returning tickets. That would be around 25k tickets up for grabs based on 140k sold. Can’t be right can it? Seems awfully high!

It's jumped up from 13% to 20% since being retweeted a fair bit this morning. The account that watches Glasto in particular has a huge following, probably lots who haven't got tickets who may be voting for the 'no because of the lineup' option. I don't know, maybe it really is like that. I suspect if the poll was exclusively people from this forum it would be a lot lower.

Edited by Gnomicide

Honestly, we were teetering on the edge a bit. There were a few factors (mostly work related) playing against it, and with the rumoured lineup it didn't seem enough to justify the headache of shifting things around and sacking off other priorities.

Thankfully things have turned around recently and, coupled with the great lineup, the stars have aligned. Super chuffed because I really wasn't looking forward to the end of June and not being on the farm. At one point we'd begrudgingly accepted we wouldn't be going. That's probably part of the reason why I'm so bullish on the lineup - it feels like a massive bonus that we can actually come!

Apologies to those hoping for some returns, and best of luck in the resale! Hopefully a lot of the Twitter moaners follow through on their threats to return tickets.

• Upvote 1

We are working this year but there are 2 going back in the pot from the 6 that we helped get tickets in October. Financial issues amongst other things for them. 

Hopefully some trying from here will get lucky and get them.