Ticket Balance Payments

JoeyT

Nope, not a chance! But of my original crew of 19, there are a whopping 8 going back in. Madness.

After stressing about this for some time, I've made peace with it....and warned any other bailers that they can do what they want as I will have a grand time regardless ? Ruthless. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Nope, not a chance! But of my original crew of 19, there are a whopping 8 going back in. Madness.

After stressing about this for some time, I've made peace with it....and warned any other bailers that they can do what they want as I will have a grand time regardless ? Ruthless. 

Interesting , what are their reasons ?

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Interesting , what are their reasons ?

Some more valid than others:

One is pregnant, due Glastonbury weekend, and one is her husband. Very valid. 

Two are at a wedding....slightly less valid, but ok. 

One only knows the two that are now going to the wedding, so I think that's fair for her to opt out

One decided the Boomtown lineup is more his thing and is coming to that with me instead (if you knew him, and had hung out with him at multiple Glastonburys where he's complained about their being "nothing on", you'd see that this is also kind of valid, if total nonsense)

One got ruthlessly dumped by my housemate who is one of the ones that is still coming and has thus decided to go to Bali instead. Almost as valid as an excuse as being pregnant IMO.

One....urm, really likes the lineup but has seen them all before and has apparently made herself "too busy" booking other stuff over the summer. Not sure of the validity of this one, and still in a bit of a mini sulk about it TBH 

Overall, kind of annoying! But, like I said, I have made peace with it :)

Glastonbury’s quite an expense for us as, for various reasons, we hire a cottage in the town for the duration. I had a bit of car trouble in February and the outcome was far worse than feared - over £2k of damage and it’s just out of warranty. Something’s had to give this summer (we have a few things on) and Glastonbury was in the frame. We had a family conference and decided to wait until the first poster dropped before making a decision - and had to hope that the poster dropped prior to deadline day. Had there been a Macca/Fleetwood Mac or similar then I’d probably have insisted on it, but as it turns out there’s not. I know we’d have a great time irrespective, and had my turbo not packed in we’d deffo be going, but at the moment it seems a big expense considering there’s no-one playing yet that we are particularly excited about. Come June I will regret the decision I’m sure. ☹️

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yes  but only because we've been given an amazing opportunity to work pre festival so its time to give something back, and get a staff ticket and be involved with the build up ..... aaaaaahhhhhhhh so excited. Funkyfairy and her buddies are bin painters this year ?

I’d love to do this one year, be on site for the whole build up and see it come to life.

What were the requirements for the bin painting job?! Presumably being fairly artistic helps?!

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I’d love to do this one year, be on site for the whole build up and see it come to life.

What were the requirements for the bin painting job?! Presumably being fairly artistic helps?!

You fill in an application form quoting why, giving details of your artwork (I am not artistic) and various other questions. This is my thrd year of applying and I've got lucky . Places are allocated before ticket sales , and you confirm in January. Its a full two weeks work pre festival for 70 hours - Mon - Friday so its a committment for sure, and you need to have a spare 3 weeks plus and be able to camp in site for all that time - unpaid of course, but for me it was right, and I so wanted to get involved . If youre interested for next year message me around August time and I'll let you know all about it and send you the details of how to apply  - applcations and reserve list all closed for this year

Every year after the deposit is paid I always say to myself, "stick away some each month and forget about the balance date".  Well this is the first time I've actually done that and not only do I not have to think about the balance, but any spending money should be covered too.

I'm definitely doing this in future!

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Now we're a week away from the balance payment window is there anyone out there who won't be paying the balance and will be throwing their ticket back in the pot?

My friend can't get the time off work (to be fair to him he did quit his job the last time this happened!) so he won't be paying the rest of the balance, but I think I'll still go (my other friends aren't going this year either, but I've always been curious about trying it solo), so there will be one more ticket in the resale for you ticketless villains! 

Edited by Mr.Tease