Sharon Van Etten

SwedgeAntilles

Just listening to SVE right now on Mary Anne Hobgoblin's show, she really is something else. She just knocked out a great version of 'Seventeen' in the live lounge.

Already a contender for my album and song of the year, I'm seeing her over here two weeks on Thursday and (ticket gods permitting) will be one of the performances I'll want to be at on the farm. 

I'd mentioned a few weeks back I thought she'd make a great Park headliner, hopefully not on the Friday if that's the case. SVE vs Tame Impala would be a right horror clash. Any whispers or thoughts on where she'll be placed?

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

I need to revisit her album a bit more, I quite enjoyed it, but not as much as a lot of other releases this year. There are a couple of really good tracks but whenever I put it on in the office chunks of it seem to just pass me by, not a clue where she'd play, unless they open a twin peaks roadhouse stage (in which case I'll spend my weekend there) ?

59 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Still my AOTY. Could see her subbing the JPT too but the Park seems ideal, an absolute must see for me and would find it hard to miss her no matter the clash. Currently watching the OA season two and getting a little SVE fix. 

Park would be my number one pick, JPT would be ok, hope she doesn't get lost someone early on the Other tho. 

i always like the idea of artists playing different stages rather than the same one again, so it would be nice to see her moved away from The Park this time (even thoughI didn't see her at The Park previously) 

I wonder if she'll get one of those Laura Marling Pyramid slots (speaking of an artist who would have been better placed on the Park last 2 times out) 

Going to see her on Wednesday. Saw her on the last tour (2013 maybe?) and was surprised by how quiet and timid she seemed at the time, being the records were angsty, but judging by the reviews of this tour and footage I've seen she is giving it some - awesome!

Album is fantastic.

Slot - I'm worried about clashes later in the day so an earlier slot on a big stage would suit in that regard. But it's hard not to see her smashing The Park late one evening. 

Not see The OA, will have to give it a watch. Love her. 

16 hours ago, 1986 said:

If she got dumped on an early Pyramid/ Other slot I'd be gravely disappointed.

16 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

High up on Park or JP rather than mid afternoon on Pyramid/Other.

16 hours ago, tevaburger said:

I wonder if she'll get one of those Laura Marling Pyramid slots (speaking of an artist who would have been better placed on the Park last 2 times out) 

One of my lasting Glastonbury regrets is not being in a fit enough mental or physical state on the Sunday in 2017 to get down to the Pyramid for Laura Marling. That would be my fear if SVE ended up in a similar slot.

30 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tell you what lads, I'll go to the mat for any of her previous albums, I've called Tramp my favourite of this decade a few times before, but the new one just isn't making much of an impact on me. I'm very sad about it.

Surprised at that, it's littered with bangers. 

New album is probably my Album of the Year so far also.   Obsessed with it and the live performances she's been doing on the US chat shows to promote it.

Her UK tour dates all clash with other things for me so I *have* to see her at the farm.

A Bat For Lashes type slot in the John Peel tent would work, I think.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tell you what lads, I'll go to the mat for any of her previous albums, I've called Tramp my favourite of this decade a few times before, but the new one just isn't making much of an impact on me. I'm very sad about it.

It'll likely turn out not to be her 'best', LAWN, but there are some pearls on there. I imagine it will land with a few more listens...

All reports seem to suggest that the new songs are transferring very well to a live setting. I haven't see her for ages and am really looking forward to it. Just hope she gets a slot worthy of her talent.

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

It'll likely turn out not to be her 'best', LAWN, but there are some pearls on there. I imagine it will land with a few more listens...

All reports seem to suggest that the new songs are transferring very well to a live setting. I haven't see her for ages and am really looking forward to it. Just hope she gets a slot worthy of her talent.

Ben

Presumably you like the techno remixes though yeah?