Missing Pyramid sub?

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Agreed, VW and Snow Patrol as 4th downs would make a lot of sense at this point, with Lauryn headlining WH on Friday.

Don't know why but since the poster came out I've kind of just presumed Snow Patrol would be headlining the JPT. So much so that I haven't given any thought to the fact they could be playing elsewhere!

46 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

but i think foals will hold out to see if they can headline one year

They may be waiting a while. They played in 16 though so the festival at least booked them recently. 

From what I can tell their new stuff hasn't gone down that well either.

40 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Don't know why but since the poster came out I've kind of just presumed Snow Patrol would be headlining the JPT. So much so that I haven't given any thought to the fact they could be playing elsewhere!

Snow Patrol seem certain for a late afternoon Pyramid spot to me. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

They may be waiting a while. They played in 16 though so the festival at least booked them recently. 

From what I can tell their new stuff hasn't gone down that well either.

Their new stuff has gone done massively well!

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Their new stuff has gone done massively well!

I usually like them but didn't really enjoy the first song off it, admittedly I need to give it more of a chance I think but others i've spoken to said they didn't like it. I suppose it's in the Top 20 in the album charts but that's not indicative of anything considering the greatest showman is still number 3.... 

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

I usually like them but didn't really enjoy the first song off it, admittedly I need to give it more of a chance I think but others i've spoken to said they didn't like it. I suppose it's in the Top 20 in the album charts but that's not indicative of anything considering the greatest showman is still number 3.... 

First single is one if the least interesting songs on the album for sure - standard Foals fodder. Rest is much better.

What with them having the weekend free they must be a decent shout if we’re gonna be getting a new act and not somebody already on the poster.

19 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

old donny g at last nights 02 childish gambino gig, said this tour was his final one, so i guess tonight he might say this is his final gig if not hopefully he'll turn up at glasto or at least do a final UK show somewhere

according the 02's twitter last night was his Last UK show as Childish Gambino

With Janet supposedly playing Friday, I'm starting to think we're looking at something like:

FRI: Stormzy, George Ezra, TBC, Ms Lauryn Hill

SAT: The KIllers, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson, Hozier

SUN: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Miley Cyrus, Kylie

Glastonbury tend to push up a slightly more alternative act into a sub spot each year - Black Keys, Tame Impala, The National, Foals etc.    I think VW fit the bill.

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

First single is one if the least interesting songs on the album for sure - standard Foals fodder. Rest is much better.

What with them having the weekend free they must be a decent shout if we’re gonna be getting a new act and not somebody already on the poster.

Exits has had tonnes of airplay from Radio 1 and Six Music, playlisted for a couple of months now.  It's the only one off the new album that casuals will have heard.   Until In Degrees is released of course.

11 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

With Janet supposedly playing Friday, I'm starting to think we're looking at something like:

Glastonbury tend to push up a slightly more alternative act into a sub spot each year - Black Keys, Tame Impala, The National, Foals etc.    I think VW fit the bill.

Not one for long stretches at the Pyramid like to have a walk about but that would be quite an entertaining Sunday to cap things off

3 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

according the 02's twitter last night was his Last UK show as Childish Gambino

This is heartbreaking if true, the #GambinoFridaySub hashtag was basically trending all over the world on Twitter.

That said if it gets us series 3 of Atlanta a little faster fair play. The man knows what he's doing.

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

This is heartbreaking if true, the #GambinoFridaySub hashtag was basically trending all over the world on Twitter.

That said if it gets us series 3 of Atlanta a little faster fair play. The man knows what he's doing.

Would be insane for him to retire from music now, considering there seems to be another album on the way, wondering if he's just retiring the gambino name. could just see him tour as Donald Glover

Edited by ace56blaa

3 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

That’s got to be very very close. 

17 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Would be insane for him to retire from music now, considering there seems to be another album on the way, wondering if he's just retiring the gambino name. could just see him tour as Donald Glover

we reckon he'll do a Jack White at some point, tour as Donald Glover whilst performing songs that he wrote as childish gambino plus new "donald glover" material

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

we reckon he'll do a Jack White at some point, tour as Donald Glover whilst performing songs that he wrote as childish gambino plus new "donald glover" material

i hope so, can see him slowly phasing out stuff, like he basically already has with anything pre because the internet

8 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

So why are we thinking Janet will do Friday but putting her in on Saturday?

Still a bit baffled why Janet is on the top line of the poster? I could get it if they sold it to her by telling her she was headlining The other stage, was a joint headliner overall (sub in reality), subbing the pyramid, or had the legends slot.

But it looks like she's bumped down 3rd on the pyramid on Saturday. Just don't see the point of having her top row when she's most likely going to be on before Liam G, who's on the 2nd line of the poster. 

23 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Still a bit baffled why Janet is on the top line of the poster? I could get it if they sold it to her by telling her she was headlining The other stage, was a joint headliner overall (sub in reality), subbing the pyramid, or had the legends slot.

But it looks like she's bumped down 3rd on the pyramid on Saturday. Just don't see the point of having her top row when she's most likely going to be on before Liam G, who's on the 2nd line of the poster. 

I said the other day that I see it that they’ve put Headers and ‘special guests’ on the top line.  Followed by the pyramid subs and the Other headers. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I said the other day that I see it that they’ve put Headers and ‘special guests’ on the top line.  Followed by the pyramid subs and the Other headers. 

Ah ok that would make sense then, if they bill her as a special guest or something like that. Maybe throw in full set coverage on BBC1 or 2 and that'll appease JJ.

Clearly it's a big deal to her where she's situated on the poster, to the point where I was wondering if she simply wouldn't have agreed to do the festival if she wasn't billed high. 

43 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Because Janet Jackson is a rarer more exciting booking than Liam who will play any festival that asks. 

The legend's slot became arguably a bigger deal than the headliners by making interesting booking choices. There's no reason that shouldn't spread out across the undercard.

7 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Ah ok that would make sense then, if they bill her as a special guest or something like that. Maybe throw in full set coverage on BBC1 or 2 and that'll appease JJ.

Clearly it's a big deal to her where she's situated on the poster, to the point where I was wondering if she simply wouldn't have agreed to do the festival if she wasn't billed high. 

That’s what I presume anyway.  Just makes sense with the way the poster is set out.  

I think it's a good idea to move away from the simple formula of each act on a stage being "bigger" than the act that was on before them.  Having big names opening the other stage, legend slots, metal slots, surprise sets, etc, spreads everything about better.   It hopefully means you get fewer evening clashes too, rather than all the most popular stuff being on at the same time.