Missing Pyramid sub?

FloorFiller

Just now, sisco said:

So...... I’ve just looked at the poster again:

Headers + Special Guests top line.

2 of the bits of info are Ezra and Liam as Friday and Saturday subs... now Miley comes next.

Then we have Tame Impala (Friday other), Chemical Brothers (could be saturday other) and Vampire Weekend.

Is this a pattern I ask?! 

I really do think Chems on Saturday and Courteeners Sunday sub, avoiding LG, everything is correct. Done.

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

We dont have a definitive answer whether The Prodigy were meant for Saturday or Sunday. I think they were Sunday and that the day Teeners will sub avoiding a LG clash. Prodigy could clash with Killers and Cure. Could Chemical Brothers play Saturday and clash with Killers? That would sort all this out.

But who is the missing sub? Unless I’m missing something what you’ve said doesn’t sort any of this out. 

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

So...... I’ve just looked at the poster again:

Headers + Special Guests top line.

2 of the bits of info are Ezra and Liam as Friday and Saturday subs... now Miley comes next.

Then we have Tame Impala (Friday other), Chemical Brothers (could be saturday other) and Vampire Weekend.

Is this a pattern I ask?! 

Really can’t see Miley as a sub, and Vampire Weekend aren’t gonna headline Other - was supposed to be The Prodigy and it makes more sense that the replacement isn’t on the poster. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

But who is the missing sub? Unless I’m missing something what you’ve said doesn’t sort any of this out. 

Really can’t see Miley as a sub, and Vampire Weekend aren’t gonna headline Other - was supposed to be The Prodigy and it makes more sense that the replacement isn’t on the poster. 

It’s the ordering that strikes me that it could be correct. I’ve always thought that The Prodigy would be replaced by someone on the poster and the info on Courteeners was incorrect

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wait you think Courteeners are gonna sub the Pyramid? Not happening. 

Nooo Sunday Other, instead of the Saturday. Prodigy and Teeners actually booked for Sunday and Chems headline Saturday clashing with Killers 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

Just had a think and reckon it probably will end up being Vampire Weekend, because if it’s not the top of the Pyramid is a bit overfilled...

Stomzy - Ezra - MeTuLz (if we’re assuming that’s still a goer)

The Killers - Liam G - Janet J

The Cure - Vampire Weekend - Miley - Kylie

Add a sub in there and one of those acts is gonna have to go on Other which I don’t really see happening, especially as we seemingly have all our Other subs sorted and probably a missing headliner.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I can't really see Vampire Weekend subbing. They've moved down venues and generally seem a bit smaller now than they were in 2013, playing 3rd down again seems sensible but I think at this point dropping down a slot is more likely than moving up one.

Yeah I mean they’d be a bit of a weak sub and have dipped a bit but I also dont see them being fourth down. 

Miley is the big puzzler in all of this really. VW third down post-Kylie seems ideal, but I don’t know where that leaves Miley as I just can’t see her subbing. 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I really do think Chems on Saturday and Courteeners Sunday sub, avoiding LG, everything is correct. Done.

You can keep your Sunday night ruining thoughts away, Chems on the Sunday night is perfect for me and I was very settled with this idea when it became apparent the Prodigy were for the Saturday. Don't ruin it! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

You can keep your Sunday night ruining thoughts away, Chems on the Sunday night is perfect for me and I was very settled with this idea when it became apparent the Prodigy were for the Saturday. Don't ruin it! 

Up Tame Impala. Up The Cure. Chems would be perfect as alternative to the shitty Killers. Impala, Cure, Chems. Let’s go. 

I’m sorry Doug, it has to happen. 

Let it happen (Impala pun intended)

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Up Tame Impala. Up The Cure. Chems would be perfect as alternative to the shitty Killers. Impala, Cure, Chems. Let’s go. 

See i'm not fussed on The Cure so I was happy with Chems to close my festival, if it changes i'll be slightly gutted but I won't miss the Chems, I was just planning on the Saturday night being at the new Arcadia. Sunday night I could yet end up at Janelle Monae which isn't the worst thing. 

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The sort of noughties Pitchfork-endorsed college rock that VW epitomise isn't the draw that it used to be.  Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective etc. have all seen their appeal become way more selective.

And yet The National subbed last time out andI wouldn't be surprised if Vampire Weekend did this time.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No no no....as doesn't this imply a Jon Hopkins/Chems clash? For the love of God, please let us avoid that!!! 

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can't remember if they've been ruled out completely or not, but could Foals sub The Cure? Looks like it'd work with the tour dates on their site.

They could but as they played that position last time it was thought they’re  more likely for a secret set

1 minute ago, sisco said:

They could but as they played that position last time it was thought they’re  more likely for a secret set

Aye, it's not unheard of for an act to sub the Pyramid twice in a row though. Dizzee and Elbow have both done it. Possibly others I can't think of just now too.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

36 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye, it's not unheard of for an act to sub the Pyramid twice in a row though. Dizzee and Elbow have both done it. Possibly others I can't think of just now too.

nick cave (3 times), kasabian, faithless, morrisey primal scream, paul weller, new order (all 2 times)

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I can't really see Vampire Weekend subbing. They've moved down venues and generally seem a bit smaller now than they were in 2013, playing 3rd down again seems sensible but I think at this point dropping down a slot is more likely than moving up one.

Agreed, VW and Snow Patrol as 4th downs would make a lot of sense at this point, with Lauryn headlining WH on Friday.