Jump to content
eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, suzie sue said:

Would love to see the crue after watching their nutty biopic on netflix, don’t know how they’re still alive 

Still making music but not touring at all apparently, reckon that’ll change soon following that movie. An enjoyable shallow romp to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

Still making music but not touring at all apparently, reckon that’ll change soon following that movie. An enjoyable shallow romp to be fair. 

Yes loved and hated it in equal measures, romp is a very accurate description 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crüe signed a contract in blood that they would never play together live again, supposedly watertight contract with people suing them if they do reform.

Sounds about as feasible as the rest of their career so you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lars Ulrich solo set.

Special metal drum-off feat. Tommy Lee in his revolving drumkit, the one-armed drummer from Def Leppard and Ballbag from Slipknot.

Bobby Blotzer serving drinks.

No Dave Lombardo, no party 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think despite someone saying Frank Carter is a Leeds exclusive, they'd be in with a shout too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Are Bring Me The Horizon busy? 

Elsewhere on the Friday and Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Are Bring Me The Horizon busy? 

edit: are busy all thursday to saturday and are exclusive to all points east. double kill 

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I also think despite someone saying Frank Carter is a Leeds exclusive, they'd be in with a shout too.

someone mentioned frank saying something at a gig about being at the pyramid next or something, but i doubt frank carter would take 3rd down on the main stage tbh, however could be a shut for early pyramid and would give more room for hard to place acts at the top 

Edited by ace56blaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine how disappointed the average glasto goer would be if it was special guests on the poster and slipknot walked out. They're obviously loved by tens of thousands and would be well received on the poster but they're a  bit niche to be a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

edit: are busy all thursday to saturday and are exclusive to all points east. double kill 

someone mentioned frank saying something at a gig about being at the pyramid next or something, but i doubt frank carter would take 3rd down on the main stage tbh, however could be a shut for early pyramid and would give more room for hard to place acts at the top 

Are you saying Frank would be unhappy with 3rd down on Pyramid when he was 5th down on JP in 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Losing my hair said:

Are you saying Frank would be unhappy with 3rd down on Pyramid when he was 5th down on JP in 2017?

nah i just meant i dont think he's big enough for that slot, worded it wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Where he was bloody brilliant by the way. 

yeah that was a highlight of 2017 for sure, had a hugely heavy sunday morning with slaves dropkick murphys the gizz and then frank and the boys. never caught frank in gallows or pure love and glad got to see his first glasto appearance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

yeah that was a highlight of 2017 for sure, had a hugely heavy sunday morning with slaves dropkick murphys the gizz and then frank and the boys. never caught frank in gallows or pure love and glad got to see his first glasto appearance

So we're agreed then. Frank Carter gets the metal slot - I'm sure Emily's checking this thread to see who to book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

So we're agreed then. Frank Carter gets the metal slot - I'm sure Emily's checking this thread to see who to book. 

tbh i'd be happy with most of the suggestions on here barring greta van fleet, catfish, bryan adams rival sons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

yeah that was a highlight of 2017 for sure, had a hugely heavy sunday morning with slaves dropkick murphys the gizz and then frank and the boys. never caught frank in gallows or pure love and glad got to see his first glasto appearance

I had an identical Sunday! I saw Gallows a few times and basically turned up for Frank Carter ready to moan and bitch about it all being a bit safe and singy, and where’s the edge maaaaaaan, but suffice it to say I’m a know-nothing twat who should shut up really 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I had an identical Sunday! I saw Gallows a few times and basically turned up for Frank Carter ready to moan and bitch about it all being a bit safe and singy, and where’s the edge maaaaaaan, but suffice it to say I’m a know-nothing twat who should shut up really 🤣🤣🤣

all matching sunday probably ended there, unless you saw some of the killers, cinematic orchestra biffy clyro and justice, would be great if somehow had the exact same day haha

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ace56blaa said:

all matching sunday probably ended there, unless you saw some of the killers, cinematic orchestra biffy clyro and justice, would be great if somehow had the exact same day haha

Three out of four ain’t bad 😜 no Cinematic Orchestra, I was having a sitdown in the woods after the Killers (which was bloody knackering, tbf). You’ve clearly got extremely decent taste in music!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Three out of four ain’t bad 😜 no Cinematic Orchestra, I was having a sitdown in the woods after the Killers (which was bloody knackering, tbf). You’ve clearly got extremely decent taste in music!

thanks evidently you've got an equally god music taste, that sunday catered a lot of great stuff very different to my usual glasto day

tbf only caught some of cinematic by leaving killers early and then leaving west hits early for biffy, now im wondering how many people at the festival had identical schedules, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would be all over The Damned doing it, but with the proviso that Captain Sensible also does his solo hits.

 

I saw them last year. Thry only did Happy Talk in the encore but it was a quality gig all round. Really enjoyed it, would go down well as Glasto, an hour slot just blasting through hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Get a room! :D

 

if i get a ticket ill go one further, ill get married at the top of the ribbon tower

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...