I think the ideal band for this slot, this year in particular, is Lynyrd Skynyrd. The line up so far is clearly very light on blues rock artists. Its very heavy on female/pop/dance  acts and one relatively new grime artist. Every year Glastonbury throws in a few acts aimed at my generation of aging rock types.  Skynyrd would be an ideal counterweight  - LOTS of blues and country laced guitar, a bunch of genuine rock classics that nearly everyone knows and a whole lot of attitude. Bon Jovi would also be a good shout.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not going to be Metallica. Lars may be there but the rest of the band will most likely be at home.

They headlined 5 years ago, are still headlining stadiums, why would they play 3rd down?

It's not Metallica because it's going to be Greta Van Fleet but in my head it will be a Metallica secret set and nothing can tell me otherwise.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not going to be Metallica. Lars may be there but the rest of the band will most likely be at home.

They headlined 5 years ago, are still headlining stadiums, why would they play 3rd down?

I have pondered about Lars’ love of the fest bringing the band back in 2020, but playing a guest spot on the Pyramid after already crossing the top spot off the list seems unlikely.

Would much rather have someone relevant (e.g. Architects or, god forbid, GVF) rather than some old hasbeens. Therapy? also is a decent shout.

Slayer would be epic but unsure if it works with tour dates/how serious Download’s last UK show tag line is...

10 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Weezer's Brixton gig on the saturday still has tickets unsold for both stalls and balcony. I hope they're at glastonbury on the sunday, and they're just gonna announce late.

Frankly I think it's really overpriced. They haven't been good in years and their early stuff is good, but not good enough to consider them legends or anything.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Frankly I think it's really overpriced. They haven't been good in years and their early stuff is good, but not good enough to consider them legends or anything.

Just seen it's £63 for standing. Jesus wept! Even for Brixton that is ridiculous. Just glad they're at NOS Alive. 

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

There’s no way someone like Therapy are going to play third down on the Pyramid 

Saw them at a couple of festivals last year. Good crowd at Bearded Theory, about 20 people at Feis. Would like to see them there but they ain't playing that slot.

20 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Weezer's Brixton gig on the saturday still has tickets unsold for both stalls and balcony. I hope they're at glastonbury on the sunday, and they're just gonna announce late.

Must be the case, seems mad them being over Glasto weekend and not playing the festival. Possibly on before Chem Bros on the Sunday.

Re: Metal slot. I really can't see it not being Greta Van Fleet: Touring Europe, suits the pyramid, free on the Friday, still a few tickets left to sell on their tour, subbing Muse at Werchter...

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The White album they released about two or three years ago was pretty good, their Brixton date on that tour only cost me £39 too so its a huge leap in price if it is £63.

They've got a loyal fanbase though so it might sell, before the gig I had a meal in Nandos accross the road and there were fans lined up all around the venue ridiculously early