1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Greta Van Fleet ?? 

personally speaking, they’re a fairly alright Zep cover band. Nothing special or original at all, but clearly talented and well produced etc.

My issue is with the lead singer, who has the kind of face i’d never tire of punching. 

They're young so you'd think they'd grow out of that faze eventually and make their own sound. I don't like them, but I don't get why everyone hates them so much. Didn't Radiohead start off copying the Pixies? 

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Greta Van Fleet ?? 

personally speaking, they’re a fairly alright Zep cover band. Nothing special or original at all, but clearly talented and well produced etc.

My issue is with the lead singer, who has the kind of face i’d never tire of punching. 

They are completely shit, its like watching a 70s parody rock show... 

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

They're young so you'd think they'd grow out of that faze eventually and make their own sound. I don't like them, but I don't get why everyone hates them so much. Didn't Radiohead start off copying the Pixies? 

They aren't just copying Zep its almost like a bad parody, one of their songs this kid starts the song by singing "oh moma" nobody talks like that at his age its weird. He also does this weird posturing with his hands that is robert plant esque. They'res nothing authentic and sincere about their music.

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Greta Van Fleet ?? 

They're incredibly talented for guys in their teens and early 20s. No, they're not original but they do what they do incredibly well.

Singer looks a tad like James Franco so I guess the urge to punch is understandable. 

Really don't get why people hate on them for sounding so much like Led Zep. You could use that argument about loads of bands tbh (sounding like others, not LZ in particular). And if you're gonna steal someone's sound, may as well steal from the best. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Celery said:

Really don't get why people hate on them for sounding so much like Led Zep. You could use that argument about loads of bands tbh (sounding like others, not LZ in particular). And if you're gonna steal someone's sound, may as well steal from the best. 

They are like the silverchair of nirvana. If you can legit get on board with Greta then good for you, I just don't like rip off bands.

24 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

They are completely shit, its like watching a 70s parody rock show... 

They aren't just copying Zep its almost like a bad parody, one of their songs this kid starts the song by singing "oh moma" nobody talks like that at his age its weird. He also does this weird posturing with his hands that is robert plant esque. They'res nothing authentic and sincere about their music.

I get what you mean, but who was the last band who started out completely original? It's harder when younger bands get signed as they won't be as accomplished as songwriters who are in their mid 20s. 

11 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I get what you mean, but who was the last band who started out completely original? It's harder when younger bands get signed as they won't be as accomplished as songwriters who are in their mid 20s. 

It's not a question of originality, no band is completely original, Its a lot of things. They sound so dated yet are a new band which isn't a good thing. I actually find most bands write their bast stuff while young there are exeptions of course. 

Idk like Its something you can smell a mile off but can't put down in words, I know that doesn't make sense but the air they give off is very obvious to me. 

You can tell when a band has something and they don't have it.

Edited by Xeph1995

7 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

It's not a question of originality, no band is completely original, Its a lot of things. They sound so dated yet are a new band which isn't a good thing. I actually find most bands write their bast stuff while young there are exeptions of course. 

Idk like Its something you can smell a mile off but can't put down in words, I know that doesn't make sense but the air they give off is very obvious to me. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate these kind of bands, but as they're young I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they can grow and adapt their sound. They're going back to Zeppelin as unfortunately there hasn't been a big new rock movement since grunge really, so they're probably growing up with their parents' music collection instead of their own big scene. That said, if they're getting kids into rock n roll again, then that can only be a good thing in my eyes. 

Edited by Chinaski_

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Slipknot aren't playing third down on the Pyramid for numerous reasons

I was kidding ive not listened to them for many years although their debut album was one of the first records that got me into music when I was an angry teenager haha 

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Slipknot aren't playing third down on the Pyramid for numerous reasons

But all those very valid reasons just make me want it more. Imagine the look on everyone's faces for a start! Absolutely hilarious. Suddenly Stormzy wouldn't see like such an out-there booking :lol:

But yes, I know it sadly won't happen.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Led Zep started off ripping off old blues acts. You've gotten start somewhere.

At least they sonically changed the songs you know, they did rip people off but made it their own. Ripping some off and you know not really changing the formula a bit is not really the same. 

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

But all those very valid reasons just make me want it more. Imagine the look on everyone's faces for a start! Absolutely hilarious. Suddenly Stormzy wouldn't see like such an out-there booking :lol:

But yes, I know it sadly won't happen.

"PEOPLE = SHIT" 

& Next for George Ezra.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

:lol: Glorious

You don't have to like Slipknot to know that would be quite the Glastonbury moment 

Jesus, imagine people waiting for Ezra and they have to ‘jump the fuck up’ that would be a sight to behold. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling