Got a wedding in Paris on Friday - Should I go?

bullie

3 minutes ago, bullie said:

What are the chances of setting up on Wed then zipping to Paris for a wedding and getting back for sat/sun? Am I mad?

It’s mad and I’d suggest doing one or the other. Missing three days of the festival wouldn’t give you the whole experience and somebody who can go all of it maybe should have a ticket. That’s what I think, obviously that doesn’t matter. 

It would be hard and you would be knackered but depending when flights are, you should be alright doing it. Good luck. That’s almost as crazy as when I went to QOTSA Finsbury and then flew early Sunday morning to go to TRNSMT for Arctic Monkeys. Crazy but worth it. Good luck.

Logistically manageable I guess.  On the same point as DandyB, and being completely honest, if I was one of the unlucky ones (and there are many on here) who didn't get a ticket at all and saw you suggesting this, I'd be spitting feathers and calling you many unrepeatable names.  Taking 2 days out of 5 when there's people who'd take your arm off to be able to do the lot would be churlish.

But again, my opinion only.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

if I was one of the unlucky ones (and there are many on here) who didn't get a ticket at all and saw you suggesting this, I'd be spitting feathers and calling you many unrepeatable names

I don’t feel this way. People can do Glasto how they want when they’ve bought a ticket, as long as it doesn’t ruin other people’s time.

@bullie have you been made aware of the wedding since getting your deposit down? Cos you have carte blanche to sack it off in that case. If you knew about the wedding and then bought the ticket anyway with the intent of going to Paris, you are mad yes.

Edited by dentalplan

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t feel this way. People can do Glasto how they want when they’ve bought a ticket, as long as it doesn’t ruin other people’s time.

Fair enough. Like I said, just my thoughts, not claiming to speak for the will of the people or owt  ;)

3 hours ago, bullie said:

What are the chances of setting up on Wed then zipping to Paris for a wedding and getting back for sat/sun? Am I mad?

It's possible, but unless the people getting married are your close family and you're the best man, tell them they should have chosen a better weekend the uncompromising insensitive bastards.

11 hours ago, bullie said:

Send a gift and a nice card, and raise a glass to their good health at the appropriate time....if you went,  you'd only be thinking of being at the festival.

Seems to me like both would be wonderful experiences. A wedding in Paris in the summer or Glastonbury Festival. It's a tough decision but I think you do them an injustice by trying to do both. Pick one and make the most of it. 

• Upvote 1