Campervan question

Mr Benn

Coming in from cv west, one security guy went thoroughly through my day bag, opened my tobacco pouch and had a right good deep sniff in it, cheeky bugger did it whilst I held a brolly over him to give him some respite from the sun, I must look dodgy too.

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Right, so for East you just go in through Gate C. What happens at West? 

Cv west has its own dedicated wristband/security gate for the cv west fields, there are 2 large fields but nowhere near as big as cv east, only ever seen one queue fri morning, and took less than 10 mins to get through.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moheetoes said:

Cv west has its own dedicated wristband/security gate for the cv west fields, there are 2 large fields but nowhere near as big as cv east, only ever seen one queue fri morning, and took less than 10 mins to get through.

Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This is excellent news.

I did it for 4 or 5 years, went in with my folks on the Tuesday in their campervan, kipped in that field, then took the tent into the festival on Wednesday morning via the cv west entrance. You can be pitched in Kidney Mead and cracking a can by 9.30am

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I did it for 4 or 5 years, went in with my folks on the Tuesday in their campervan, kipped in that field, then took the tent into the festival on Wednesday morning via the cv west entrance. You can be pitched in Kidney Mead and cracking a can by 9.30am

Cheers, Mardy. Is there any bother putting up a tent near the campervan?

2017- No queue Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Hacienda Classic Friday morning (thing we really wanted to watch open Pyramid) waltz towards gate c- massive zig-zag queue...listen to the whole set from the queue virtually! Caught last 30 seconds of the set by running. Lesson learnt. Other days fine

Caravan/trailer not searched properly just asked about glass.

As I detailed on here searched a few times EXITING in 2017. Including once shinning torch up my nose, needless to say I didn’t have anything. There are some handy toilets just before you leave the site near gate C, if you need a pee or anything. Wouldn’t mind if they were looking for thieves taking phones or contents of tents but clearly trying to score easy marks- which we saw a few time with young lads

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Just tell stewards you’ll be pitching tents/awning and need a bit more space, we managed to get an awning on caravan and squished in 2x3 man tents,1x4 man tent next to neighbours on our off-side who kindly offered us extra space and a small 1 man tent, stewards very accommodating especially when a cold cider is on hand on a hot day

2 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Just tell stewards you’ll be pitching tents/awning and need a bit more space, we managed to get an awning on caravan and squished in 2x3 man tents,1x4 man tent next to neighbours on our off-side who kindly offered us extra space and a small 1 man tent, stewards very accommodating especially when a cold cider is on hand on a hot day

Cheers!

On 3/25/2019 at 6:38 PM, Gnomicide said:

On the East side we go in a 2 van convoy and have 1-2 medium tents next to us, so you should be able to negotiate as soon as you pitch up. We still manage to maintain the fire breaks.

1 hour ago, damo101 said:

Is there much in the cv fields other than toilets? Any food places or showers/water points? 

Water points in (nearly) every field, no showers, and very basic food (burgers, bacon) in East.

Just now, Laurenkfj said:

Is there any food in West?

I don't go that side. I think there would be, but I'd advise everyone to get food on the site instead as it's nicer and has more variety, unless you're chilling out for the whole morning.

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

I don't go that side. I think there would be, but I'd advise everyone to get food on the site instead as it's nicer and has more variety, unless you're chilling out for the whole morning.

48 minutes ago, hurdy said:

There's the usual bogstandard van near the entrance gate. Nowhere near the quality of the majority of stalls inside the festival. 

Thanks, yes would always aim to eat in the festival but just wondered in the case of emergency!!

Are you allowed disposable bbq's or fire pits?