Campervan question

Mr Benn

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Doesn't look that bad although we live up a killer hill and ours looks steeper. Gonna have to stop taking the easy shortcut and get some training in on the killer one. 

It doesn’t ‘look’ bad. But 10 pints down in the pissing rain at 3am. ?‍♂️

Oh have been wondering this as well. 

yeah queues are still pretty bad , but you can stay in the van having a cuppa till they die down a litte, plus you don;t have all yur stuff. Its a real strange feeling on wednesday morning being all set up and just your daypack or wandering to the loo's in your pjs as there are hoards of people dragging their camping stuff

• Like 1

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

yeah queues are still pretty bad , but you can stay in the van having a cuppa till they die down a litte, plus you don;t have all yur stuff. Its a real strange feeling on wednesday morning being all set up and just your daypack or wandering to the loo's in your pjs as there are hoards of people dragging their camping stuff

A most smug feeling!

• Like 1

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh I won't be in a rush to get in queues early doors so happy to leave it till midday to mooch but might have one or two traveling with us who will want to get on site to camp with the bigger group. 

Just now, caballosblancos said:

A most smug feeling!

:ph34r: I just want to go and help everyone, or deliver bacon sarnies and cups of tea to the queue. I have been known to help people wiht some of their belongings through the field I am staying in.,if they are struggline (plus I know how far they still have to go )

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Right, so for East you just go in through Gate C. What happens at West? 

Think it’s got its own gate. Or gate D is the nearest ped gate. Edit: have never stayed in West, but fairly sure it has its own gate and it’s a much smaller cv set up. So might be quiet.

Edited by caballosblancos

4 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

It doesn’t ‘look’ bad. But 10 pints down in the pissing rain at 3am. ?‍♂️

My thing is, try to walk in a straight line (after the assumed 10 pints) which means I walk off at 45°and veer 45° back, and keep doing that till I get to the top. A gillespied zig zag, if you will.

• Upvote 1

Oh I won't be in a rush to get in queues early doors so happy to leave it till midday to mooch but might have one or two traveling with us who will want to get on site to camp with the bigger group. 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Looking forward to this after years of camping and sweating and lugging. 

Its a gamechanger for sure.... not so much after partying when you still have the trek and the hill to do, but there's an icecream van at the bottom , and many a 3,4,5am ice cream has been consumed to get us back up the hill ... but a good quiet nights sleep is amazing. Around 9am the toilet cleaning vans come around - nothing better than being prepared to be the first in after a hose down and clean ! (the toilets not me)

And take a torch for dark toilet visits, the lights in the cv fields aren;t like the site and it can be pitch dark which isn;t pleasant.

• Upvote 1

I got searched loads going in and out the festival, I must look dodgy but had nothing on me.

surprised they searched on the way out as well though!

not very thorough search though more just empty your pockets and let me look through your wallet.

Just now, Mr Benn said:

Asking for my friends !

Not usually any searches going back into cv fields, but searches going into the site, but thats not so say they won;t stop you. The seach area is at the gate , which takes you in and out - same gate, same search area. In 9 years I've been seached once, they found glitter :-)

There have been amnesty boxes there as well sometimes by the search tables ..................

There could of course be dogs as well (not seen any yet but thats not to say they won;t be there) .

Top tip is to remove your little timetable from the lanyard you get on entry. Keep your ticket in it and keep it around your neck but under your t shirt. Keeps it safe all weekend and you always know where it is when you are going in and out. Stays around my neck all weekend, even when I'm sleeping

Our kids were searched quite a few times going in Gate C from CV East in 2017 ( I say kids, both in their 20's)  They patted down the lad, but not the girl.  They do sometimes search on the way back into CV's too on occasion, could depend on how bored they are, how busy it is I guess.

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Doesn't look that bad although we live up a killer hill and ours looks steeper. Gonna have to stop taking the easy shortcut and get some training in on the killer one. 

It's not that bad at all, though its a can be dangerous at night if the weather is like it was in 2016. It can get slippy and there's little light so after a long day of alcohol or other stuff it can be tricky :)

I actually only hate that hill on Wednesday, after walking with my backpack through the site all the way from Gate A. It the feeling of being so close to finally start the festival but so tired to actually start the climb.. 

I can only speak for CV East but on the wednesday morning, about 7am they start marching people from the car parks to the Hill of Death (ready for the gates opening)...

People that have travelled into the CV fields with chums on Tuesday and want to camp in the main festival queue up at the base of the HoD earlier than this to get in first...

- They have spot check searches at gate C every day... not many but they certainly check.

- If i wanted to get to the Pyramid for a 2pm act, i would look at leaving the van at 1pm.. a) in case there are queues to get in (lunchtime is popular) and b) so i can just amble with a couple of beers (no point in hurrying yourself so early in the day..