Campervan question

Mr Benn

Hello how bad are the searches in the CV fields? Do you get stopped and searched every time you leave and go in?

Does this cause queuing issues? i.e. would you need to factor in queuing time every time you left to go watch an act? 

Thanks ! 

The queues into the festival have their good times and not so good.  Time it right and you’ll walk straight in. 

What do do you mean ‘every time you go watch an act ? ‘ , most people leave their van , go into the festival for the day and don’t go back until theyre done for the day so only once a day in and out, I think in 9 years I have gone back once in the middle of the day and it was an hour round trip , and that was a quiet time 

Ok thanks. 

Say I wanted to watch a band at 2pm at Pyramid how much extra time would you need to factor in the queue? 

Do you think East CV is as far away as everyone says? Isn’t everywhere far from somewhere? e.g Woodsies to The Park is a good hour walk. 

It’s not the queueing time you need to worry about. The only times that gate is really busy is weds and Thursday (rest of the festival you normally go straight in-ish). It’s the distance that’s the problem and will take you the time. 

Unless what you’re really asking is “will they drug search me?”. In which case, maybe yes.

Edited by caballosblancos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Benn said:

But the distance thing.... if you’re heading home from Shangri La to East CV then you’re nearer than you would be if you were camping in say Woodsies? 

yes but not if you are going from pyramid ... john peel other  stage and quite a few other areas ... guess its dependant on where you tend to frequent most or finish up 

Just now, Mr Benn said:

Thanks: can anyone enter the CV fields or do you need a special wristband? If your friends who weren’t camping with you wanted to come to the van, would they be able to? 

It’s a regular gate so you need to have your ticket and wristband on you. Ticket gets you a sign out voucher, which you need to get back in. 

2 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

It’s probably the most security heavy way of being at the festival tbh. Cos every day you have to go in and out of security, and chance of being searched, while looking after your ticket/pass out vouchers 

Do they tend to just look for glass  in bags or do they search your person? Are there dogs and that there ??

I’ve had my van searched for glass once. Or at least that’s what they told me they were searching for. They also check vans are proper campers on the way in (proper bed and either cooking or toilet facilities).

They do pull people regularly to search at the gate. Never seen a dog. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Do they tend to just look for glass  in bags or do they search your person? Are there dogs and that there ??

I saw dogs for the first time last time on the approach to gate A ... but the poor animals were so hot they were having a lie down in the shade ... I was also pulled for a quick search but from memory they just had a quick empty of my day bag .... which I somehow managed to leave in the tent and had to do an about turn with my kit and bike to recover .. it was my essentials bag with my medical kit in it so count have lasted long without it 

2 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

@GnomicideOn weds morning when regular gates open. So we spend tues night on the hill drinking beer/having a bbq looking over the site. It’s epic. 

I normally stroll down to get band at about 11 on weds. Then go for a mooch 

Cheers. We're staying with someone in Campervan West on Tuesday night before heading in with our stuff on Wednesday. I know a lot of people do this so am expecting queues, is it just like a smaller version of the wristbanding set up at the main gates?

Just now, caballosblancos said:

Dropped by the site the other day. This is the ‘hill of death’ and the other photo is what will become the gate. 

082A8D65-09DD-436F-A7F5-733572399924.jpeg

0FEC97B2-6179-4663-AE8B-4C41C9A6082A.jpeg

Doesn't look that bad although we live up a killer hill and ours looks steeper. Gonna have to stop taking the easy shortcut and get some training in on the killer one. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Cheers. We're staying with someone in Campervan West on Tuesday night before heading in with our stuff on Wednesday. I know a lot of people do this so am expecting queues, is it just like a smaller version of the wristbanding set up at the main gates?

Oh have been wondering this as well. 

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When/how do people in the campervan fields get their wristbands?

your tickets are checked before you enter the cv fields (so that non punters can;t get into the fields) and then wristbands are standard throught gate C (if you;re east) the first time you go in - with everyone else

Only thing if every time you leave to go back to your van you need your ticket - then they check your ticket and your band and give you a passout - next day when you go back in you show your ticket , wristband and they take your passout back off you .....