60m long pier to be at the festival

Sawdusty surfer

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

Is this going to be a permanent installation (or at least put away and bought out every year) like the viewing tower and the GLASTONBURY sign?

Was wondering the same thing myself, seems like a huge operation to dismantle each year. Then consider Spike and numerous other things are permanent features. 

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

One part of the pier is called Automaton, which consists of automated robots and creatures and mechanical machines, and even a robot band that's going to be playing. 

On 3/18/2019 at 3:50 AM, MetaKate said:

I find the lineup is missing an animatronic  robot playing a mandolin. If they added one of those it would seem much more balanced. 

Fuck I'm good. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

7 hours ago, morph100 said:

Or it’s the other side of the park and Arcadia is now a fire breathing techno playing pier instead of a spider?

I was wondering if he might be joining forces with his brother and building in the Arcadia field.

As an aside. The Arcadia crew were on site yesterday.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wasn’t thinking that ... but if u like that sort of thing ..? I like photos and there are some incredible ones on the photo thread ... that’s more what I was thinking ... what’s imstagammable ? :) 

It's going to be a wonderful installation as always with Joe and you're right, there'll be some great photos taken, hopefully some we'll see on here. Ignore my tongue-in-cheek comment, the cynic in me just hopes that these kind of aesthetically pleasing areas don't become a haven for the Instagram crowd, a la Coachella 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha ok, anytime between resale day and the middle of June. Maybe there really is no pattern (I refuse to believe it)

1st May 

Aye, will it happen end of April as recent history would indicate, or are the various changes going to take longer to implement within the map?

The tension is palpable ?

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha ok, anytime between resale day and the middle of June. Maybe there really is no pattern (I refuse to believe it)

1st May 

Check the new "When Does" page.

Map dates are at the bottom:

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

• Upvote 1

It's an awesome idea.. although I'm sad they're moving the Tipis. I like to see them there above Pennards and yeah have been lucky enough to stay there a couple times *cue: rich bastard flaming*

• 1 month later...

tbh, i don't have a problem if the pier becomes an Instagram 'thing'. I'm sure it will do but it's not as if people are making trips to Glastonbury just for 'the shot', like they do with some tourist places.

Might get myself a knotted hanky and a string vest 

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

tbh, i don't have a problem if the pier becomes an Instagram 'thing'. I'm sure it will do but it's not as if people are making trips to Glastonbury just for 'the shot', like they do with some tourist places.

Might get myself a knotted hanky and a string vest 

Snaffle a deckchair from the Summer House.

• Like 1