60m long pier to be at the festival

Sawdusty surfer

3cb08633-34a0-404b-93e6-df2c28c922c3-IMG

Looks from that like it's going to come off the path that runs up the left side of the Park area.

"The Pier is most definitely the biggest project Rush has ever realized at Glastonbury. "It's absolutely massive. It's 60 meters long, it weighs 160 tons. It's a proper pier. It's got 1,400 planks to make the deck. I'm also having to find all the things that happen on the pier including the Punch and Judy show, the fortune tellers and pinball tables."

One part of the pier is called Automaton, which consists of automated robots and creatures and mechanical machines, and even a robot band that's going to be playing. 

"And it's not just a pier, it's also sea front. It's called Glastonbury-on-Sea, so we're actually building a sea front and a pier," Rush explained."

More here: https://www.pollstar.com/article/glastonbury-on-sea-festival-gets-victorian-pier-and-sea-front-137634

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

3cb08633-34a0-404b-93e6-df2c28c922c3-IMG

Looks from that like it's going to come off the path that runs up the left side of the Park area.

I was wondering if they're putting a new path in to Park at the top; isn't Tipi field on the move? That would have a slope for it to project out from.

Perhaps like this: (blue line new path, yellow the pier)

20190328_190827.thumb.jpg.1e238d912a7dd208b40ed550c68dfa4e.jpg

Anywhere else encroaches onto camping areas?

Edited by Keithy
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Thought it might be the area Emily was taking about a few months back, the big new area near the Park.

Definitely is near the Park - on the left hand side of the sketch, it says "Road to Park". The road I'm thinking of is the one that goes past the bottom of the Ribbon Tower, so at a guess it is further north than @Keithy suggested above...

35 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Definitely is near the Park - on the left hand side of the sketch, it says "Road to Park". The road I'm thinking of is the one that goes past the bottom of the Ribbon Tower, so at a guess it is further north than @Keithy suggested above...

I think it could be where he said, as I’m sure Emily specifically said something would be where the tipis were, but at a right angle going out towards the stone circle.

3 hours ago, Keithy said:

I was wondering if they're putting a new path in to Park at the top; isn't Tipi field on the move? That would have a slope for it to project out from.

I reckon you might have it there Keithy, makes a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, Keithy said:

Another vote for thinking you've cracked it.