60m long pier to be at the festival

Sawdusty surfer

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just debating wether to put them in the car spares pile .. think ill take them in :) cheers 

What, the leggings?

Always at the top of the rucksack along with waterproof top just in case it pisses down when you get there.

I'm on my third set now. Two were work issued Personal Protective Equipment Wet Weather Gear and my latest are from an army surplus place (the latest work issue are luminous "yellow vest" green and I don't want to be mistaken for a steward constantly). They always wear out at the knees.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Oh ? Why ? 

Well for me it's the good effort made with the shirt/tie/blazer combo set against some of the filthiest trousers I've ever seen - presumably explained by the umbrella (it's wet) and the wasted look on his face (he's sat/fallen in the mud).

Knowing now the back story of the spray paint adds an amusing context.

It's a Glastonbury night out in one shot.

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, Diva Sam said:

Structural engineer, not a geotechnical engineer so not my problem. ;)

But in all seriousness its problem so big old piles or pad foundations. Bit like football boot studs that tract to the ground. 
The thing ain't moving, don't worry!

I shall use you all as guinea pigs, before I step foot on that thing! 

• 4 weeks later...

This new installation sounds incredible and anyone who doesn't take the time out to go on it is a bit of an idiot and doing the festival wrong frankly.

... Sorry, I really should stop subjecting everyone to so much pier pressure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Taken from the new area page on the Glasto website:

Nothing sums up the quintessential British seaside holiday destination like the resort’s pier.

Joe Rush’s brand new area for 2019 is centred around a 70m repurposed steel pleasure pier and features everything a good pier should. From its enticing entrance to the end-of-the-pier Robot Pavilion, with arcades, attractions and sideshows along the way.

Harking back to the seaside holiday glory days between the 50’s-70’s, the Pier at Glastonbury-on-Sea will reach out from the seafront entertainments, across the beach of deckchairs, past the lifeguards and Punch & Judy theatres and far, far out into the grassy sea.

Candy floss and dodgems, fortune-tellers and buskers, mods and rockers all come together for a trip down the pleasure Pier. Stroll along, see the sights, play the attractions and let our team of Redcoats show you a wondrous, magical world and a thoroughly entertaining time.

…Oh we do like to be beside the seaside!..

Opening Times
Pier: Thurs-Sun 8am-10pm (Wed 2pm-7pm)
Robot Pavilion: Thurs-Sun 11am-6pm (Wed 2pm-6pm)
Sideshows: Thurs-Sun 10am-6pm
Dodgems: Thurs-Sun 10am-6pm

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/glastonbury-on-sea/

Edited by MJP

On 6/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, Homer said:

This new installation sounds incredible and anyone who doesn't take the time out to go on it is a bit of an idiot and doing the festival wrong frankly.

... Sorry, I really should stop subjecting everyone to so much pier pressure.

with jokes like that you should be made to walk the plank ...

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Opening times eh? It shuts very early for Glastonbury.

Looks like it shuts when it gets dark - they don’t want wasted people jumping off into a sea of tents in the dark! 

Think it's been a bit of a pig's ear so far. They still haven't opened it to the punters as it hasn't finished being built.

Yesterday, they had posters up saying it will be opened up at lunchtime. We turned up and saw ME open it... But then we were told we couldn't go on, and to come back at 4.

We came back at 4, and now they are saying leave it until 7 ?

Doubt we're going to get the chance to go on it now, as we'll be spending the last 3 days watching bands!

31 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Think it's been a bit of a pig's ear so far. They still haven't opened it to the punters as it hasn't finished being built.

Yesterday, they had posters up saying it will be opened up at lunchtime. We turned up and saw ME open it... But then we were told we couldn't go on, and to come back at 4.

We came back at 4, and now they are saying leave it until 7 ?

Doubt we're going to get the chance to go on it now, as we'll be spending the last 3 days watching bands!

Whereabouts is it?