Snapped Ankles

Wooderson

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've got a ticket to see them in Brighton, know nothing about them (apart from Rhythm Is Our Business) but got it on the strength of the live reviews I've heard around here.

At the moment I'm undecided whether I should delve into their catalogue, or go into a live show completely blind.

What say you SA fans? Should I prep or take the plunge on the night?

First time I saw them at Green Man 2018 I went in knowing nothing apart from Johnny Guitar Calling Gosta Berlin.  They blew me away.  

saw TOY mentioned further up on this thread with regards to the crow's nest. great live band.

funnily enough toy's bassist is/was a member of snapped ankles when I saw them at rough trade. not sure if he is a permanent feature, but if so, brilliant! had no idea of this at the time of watching them at strummerville in 2019

Edited by Clarence Clemons

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Any idea when you'll be back on Nal?

Well October 22nd is supposed to be "freedom day" but we'll see.

Weller was supposed to play in November but hes already cancelled. We had sad sack gigs, low capacity, seated, social distance etc but nothing big yet.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

What say you SA fans? Should I prep or take the plunge on the night?

Take the plunge. The more Snapped Ankles in your life the better.

Edited by The Nal

29 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Was lovely to see you both. Really enjoyed it, saw half of their set at Green Man which triggered me to get these tickets.  I’d see them again happily.

They're playing the Brudenell in Leeds next month but it's sold out unfortunately as I quite fancied seeing them again 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, faymondo said:

Well the about 64 ish people I asked and got a no from everybody missed a trick.

They were brilliant and because I was a knobhead on my own I mooched up near the front. 

Was also there. Enjoyed but not sold on the venue. Ended up driving from Neston and almost got stuck in the Birkenhead tunnel for some unfathomable reason. Folk stuck for over an hour.

Red Rum Club at the Uni tonight. Then a breather for a couple days and then a gig onslaught including The Mysterines  and Henge at Future Yard in Birkenhead. Not on the same billing I hasten to add

3 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Was also there. Enjoyed but not sold on the venue. Ended up driving from Neston and almost got stuck in the Birkenhead tunnel for some unfathomable reason. Folk stuck for over an hour.

Red Rum Club at the Uni tonight. Then a breather for a couple days and then a gig onslaught including The Mysterines  and Henge at Future Yard in Birkenhead. Not on the same billing I hasten to add

I actually like District as a venue. Nice and compact. Seen some great gigs there highlight being The Justice Band which included Mick Jones from The Clash doing some Clash songs. 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, faymondo said:

Well the about 64 ish people I asked and got a no from everybody missed a trick.

They were brilliant and because I was a knobhead on my own I mooched up near the front. 

What time do they approximately start? Seeing them tomorrow night in London. 

1 hour ago, mpdow2 said:

What time do they approximately start? Seeing them tomorrow night in London. 

I would look at Twitter for venue information. Think they came on about 21:45 in liverpool last week and played till 23:00 (at least) but there had been a bit of a faff at the venue with the sound check being a bit later than planned.

Weekend gig timings are always a bit of a lottery especially if trains are the transport of choice