Snapped Ankles

Wooderson

18 hours ago, faymondo said:

Got tickets for Liverpool in October. Cant wait.

Going to see them at FarmFest on Friday. If I deliberately avoid all the other bands all day, will be my first proper gig for however long. Will report back.

Was going to get Roundhouse tickets, but it clashes with a rescheduled 808 State gig in Hackney.

18 hours ago, SighMo said:

Bit late but just spotted this thread. The Strummerville gig was great fun. Went for a pee after the gig before Frank Turner (Jonny ??) and there was no way I was getting back in. Hundreds queuing to get into an already rammed area. I just stood on the steps of the bar and waited for FT to finish. Really easy to get in then. The power cut added to the mayhem;it was ace and I managed to ruin my shoes in the only mud at Glasto that weekend   

That Strummerville gig was great fun, more than made up for getting nowhere near Frank Turner. 

Got tickets for Leicester in Sep and Roundhouse in Dec. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've got a ticket to see them in Brighton, know nothing about them (apart from Rhythm Is Our Business) but got it on the strength of the live reviews I've heard around here.

At the moment I'm undecided whether I should delve into their catalogue, or go into a live show completely blind.

What say you SA fans? Should I prep or take the plunge on the night?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I've got a ticket to see them in Brighton, know nothing about them (apart from Rhythm Is Our Business) but got it on the strength of the live reviews I've heard around here.

At the moment I'm undecided whether I should delve into their catalogue, or go into a live show completely blind.

I would always have a plunge just so I can have a moment or two to bits of tracks I recognise.

Strange OCD thing in me is I never listen to an artist I am going to see on the day but always the next day.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hi mate,

They are doing an album bundle on Band Camp which i purchased and have enjoyed.  The only pisser is the added VAT as we sit outside the EU.  25 quid purchase came to 33 quid with postage.  Angry emoji here

Just now, Jay Pee said:

Hi mate,

They are doing an album bundle on Band Camp which i purchased and have enjoyed.  The only pisser is the added VAT as we sit outside the EU.  25 quid purchase came to 33 quid with postage.  Angry emoji here

Oosh. Seen a couple of the indie labels on Twitter absolutely boiling their piss over the mess it's made of shipping and trying to keep the European market going.

Have to say it's times like this I'm happy to have completely dropped physical copies and just buy the digital versions

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

they're a lot of fun live. I think you could go straight in and enjoy it without a doubt, but having an idea about favourite songs ahead of time would be a great thing too. I gave 'come play the trees' a real good listen before seeing them, but for some reason i havnt had a bash of the latest album - might rectify that today. Quietly tempted to get over for that gig too, i'll hit you up if i do, i'm sure i owe you at least one pint for your ticket malarkey!