Your favourite non-pyramid headliner?

Heartbreaker

Favourite non pyramid? Ok it's easy peasy LCD soundsystem. (From someone only going from 2014, ask same question from someone going from the 90's)

Think you're wording would be better if you asked favourite pyramid headliners. Too broad a question really otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

Fair, it's probably too broad, but hey-ho!

I want to agree with you, and LCD were utterly awesome, but due to it being the first (and the only one of 9 so far) year at the fest my own; I still cannot watch that performance of All My Friends.

I completely and utterly broke down the moment they started playing it. I suddenly had this realisation that everything that I had experienced over those 5 days - no matter how mind blowing - was worth nothing as the people whom I love, the very people who introduced me to Glastonbury, were not there to experience this moment - after all, what is a moment of greatness worth without your friends to experience it with you?. 

I have never felt so utterly alone... for about 10 seconds.... Then, as I set about becoming a quivering wreck of a human, I was adopted by a group of fantastic people. They proceeded to hug me, dance with me, cry with me, sing wholeheartedly to every lyric, danced to every beat and lived every second of that song with me. And then it was over. Done, it was fleeting and fantastic.

I adore that set, and that song has, and still holds amazing memories for me; but It cannot top those people - they made that song and I wish I could say thank you to them.

And that is the answer to the question no one asked...And that, in part, is why Suede is my number one non-pyramid headliner, All My Friends were there!

Edited by Heartbreaker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Favourite non pyramid? Ok it's easy peasy LCD soundsystem. (From someone only going from 2014, ask same question from someone going from the 90's)

Think you're wording would be better if you asked favourite pyramid headliners. Too broad a question really otherwise. 

I’ve been going since 94... and you’re probably still right! 

Honorable mentions for the Chems and the Prodge too.

In all the years I've been going my favourite headliner has rarely been a Pyramid act.

2010: Orbital

2011: QOTSA

2013: Chic

2014: NA Pyramid

2015: Hot Chip

2016: LCD Soundsystem

2017: NA Pyramid

With LCD Soundsystem being best over all, there was magic in that field that night.

Justice 2017, WH. Because I got to party with all my mates. 

Doves 2009, JPT and Hot Chip 2015 also right up there. 

And, I'm not sure it was a 'headliner', but as it was on at the same time as the headliners... Jon Hopkins DJ set at Arcadia in 2017 was very special. 

Portishead on Jazzworld in 98 - in the middle of a thunderstorm if I remember 

SFA on Other in 03 - fantastic even though tiny crowd as everyone else was at Radiohead  

Bjork on Other in 07 - amazing however due to enhanced consumption of Schnapps my memory is somewhat fuzzy

Underworld on West Holts in 16 - as above but substitute Schnapps for Brothers 

Justice on West Holts last time out - one of best full stop, crowd were going nuts