Best Performers on the Lineup

DefLeppard

Despite mixed reviews generally for Lauryn Hill, I saw her in 2014 at the bowling alley in the O2. She was three hours late and came out to a round of boos, to which she responded by saying something like 'I have personal things going on in my life' and got more boos. A good 25% of the crowd had left by that point because it was a Sunday.

Anyway, within five minutes she'd won everybody over. Every track had been reworked and the whole set flowed seamlessly. She has an incredible stage presence that brings so much energy. I don't think I'd wait three hours at Glastonbury to see her, given the amount of other acts, but I definitely would on a random Sunday.

Yeah, at least with West Holts if she does take the piss you can just switch to the Other stage or dive into the south-east corner early. Glastonbury are generally very good at getting artists to get their shit right, and Lauryn seems to have committed to quite a few gigs so here's hoping she's left that behind her.

5 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

Yeah, at least with West Holts if she does take the piss you can just switch to the Other stage or dive into the south-east corner early. Glastonbury are generally very good at getting artists to get their shit right, and Lauryn seems to have committed to quite a few gigs so here's hoping she's left that behind her.

I wonder if the contracts have something in them about the artists fulfilling their commitments, including playing on time. That is, “Lauren, love, your slot is 9-10pm. If you only come on at 9.50pm you’re only getting 10 minutes. That ok?!”

It predates my Farm love affair, but I remember Bobbie G singing into a switched off PA, so he wasn’t deciding when he was on and when he was off! 

Ben

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Lauryn Hill is definitely high on my "too see" list.

As far as I am aware, her "dodgy" reviews are solely due to timekeeping, not performance.

Nothing at all wrong with this!

Literally just listened to that myself.  Will certainly be there clash permitting

Of those I’ve seen Hot Chip and Chris and the Queens spring to mind.

Chemical Brothers most enjoyable but that’s a different type of performance. I’ve not seen her but hopes for Kylie, think she’ll be very polished and  it could be an iconic moment. We’ve had a lot of International legends of late - obviously she’s not actually British but, she is a national treasure and has the personality to really pull it off.

Edited by DJL