Arcadia?

Stubbsy55

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I look forward to hearing all about it but for me, the good point about this booking is that he'll be creating a roadblock around the Arcadia field leaving routes to Block 9 and The Common nice and clear.  Might even be able to walk in to a decent space in The Temple.

Ha yeah 100%, I’m huge on the festival booking big acts that I do not like.

Edited by MaxPower

45 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Yeah, Harris' crimes are too great. He hasn't served penance enough. Its too soon. 

I can let him off - simply for the trolling he did to Jedward live on XFactor. (dont' judge me for watching it - we've kids who used to like it, luckily they're older now!)

Edited by David_303

For me it's the gamble that I'm excited by, as he could play absolutely anything, and it's just bizarre that (maybe) the worlds biggest DJ is playing a giant mechanical spider in Somerset.

I have no idea if he plays anything off the fantastic Funk Wav Bounces (probably not) but Slide would go off.

Yeah Calvin Harris is one that I think is an incredible booking, up there with the biggest the festival has made this year, but probably one I won't be at. 

Great to see though - shows the pulling power Glastonbury has - and the added bonus of potentially alleviating crowds elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, gfa said:

say chemical brothers are the special guests, when would they actually get confirmed if at all? Arcadia schedule or like literally on the day / if leaked

Special guests are normally just listed as that on the schedule.

But can't think of any in recent years that we didn't know who they were before hand.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tumbles said:

So if The Chems are really doing Arcadia then it’s got to be Friday or Sat night I guess?

3E9832FF-B32C-4BFE-A60F-5C641F00200D.thumb.jpeg.a4652ef285d14d9254db8065b1a56d71.jpeg

Good spot, and maybe Carl Cox isn’t Saturday based on his comments about playing Glade that day?

So, if they’re headlining, they should be on Sat?

57 minutes ago, tumbles said:

So if The Chems are really doing Arcadia then it’s got to be Friday or Sat night I guess?

3E9832FF-B32C-4BFE-A60F-5C641F00200D.thumb.jpeg.a4652ef285d14d9254db8065b1a56d71.jpeg

i've heard it off two different people now (JoeyT and someone else) - it seems pretty nailed on. These shows have been announced for a while, given the later slot i'd lean towards Friday probably.