Arcadia?

Stubbsy55

12 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Is that the same lady who’s an unapologetic Putin fan? The one that Nastia has been calling out on Instagram?

Can you provide any more info on this? From what I can see, it all stems from a claim by another DJ.

(I'm not defending her, I'm just interested to see if there's more context)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Can you provide any more info on this? From what I can see, it all stems from a claim by another DJ.

Wikipedia (aka truth fountain) says she said PEACE on her instagram 

6 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Wikipedia (aka truth fountain) says she said PEACE on her instagram 

She didn’t say ‘Fuck Putin’ which might have been better. She has hardly slammed the invasion and as a high profile artist she has an opportunity to reflect the true Russian opinion. Unfortunately she does: very much a nationalist. 

25 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

tbh the only things I know are from Nastia, so I guess that’s only one side of it. Nastia is Ukrainian so as you can imagine her feed has been incredibly dark and emotional the past couple of months.

Few weeks back her stories were about this Nina, Nastia was quite put out (to put it mildly) that Nina was still getting booked around Europe despite not speaking out against the war. Posted an image of her posing with a Putin cut out etc and pointed to a few instances of behaviour.

I wish I could look back tbh, stories are annoying!

Edited by Junglist1981

24 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

She didn’t say ‘Fuck Putin’ which might have been better. She has hardly slammed the invasion and as a high profile artist she has an opportunity to reflect the true Russian opinion. Unfortunately she does: very much a nationalist. 

I don’t really get this viewpoint tbh. 

You can be against the war without posting Fuck Putin on Twitter.

If she has a lot of friends and family in Russia, perhaps voicing a strong opinion like this would put them in danger. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s irrelevant if one artist is a little controversial. She’s just one name amongst some fantastic artists. 

It’s going to be great seeing some big names on the spider and bringing back the fireballs!

Hardly ‘irrelevant’ though surely? 

Just now, nikkic said:

I don’t really get this viewpoint tbh. 

You can be against the war without posting Fuck Putin on Twitter.

If she has a lot of friends and family in Russia, perhaps voicing a strong opinion like this would put them in danger. 

Maybe. But she has expressed pro Putin views in the past, didn’t speak out about Crimea and absolutely should not be playing at Glastonbury this year. 

So we thinking Amelie Lens is out or just being held back as a special guest now? Hope it’s the latter as I was really digging the video somebody posted of her the other day. Absolute banger-fest that I’d very much like to be a part of one night. 

Edited by FloorFiller
Word

5 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Maybe. But she has expressed pro Putin views in the past, didn’t speak out about Crimea and absolutely should not be playing at Glastonbury this year. 

Exactly this, not sure why she is getting hordes defending her. She is clearly pro-putin, now and in the past.

49 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

For me Prime Time at Arcadia is 0000-0200 - lots will head there after main stage headliners so that’s when it’s at its peak in terms of being busy. 

Used to be the show at 11:45 for 15 mins and then the headliner.. I’d go with 00:00-02:00 as you say 

15 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Should every British and American artist that didn't speak out against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars not have played Glastonbury?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

lol what? you got any quotes or evidence to back that up?

Read this including the comments, if it wasn't true she would deny it but she's just brushing it aside. Her peace message is pathetic as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If she needs discussing then set a dedicated thread up if you want to talk about her so not to distract from the Arcadia hype. 

It’s going to be discussed everywhere Arcadia is being discussed on here and in life - no point hiding the elephant in the room. Personally, I don’t think she’ll end up playing.

I’m not going to argue if she should or shouldn’t but she’s got a massive platform and she’s not been vocal against this war. Emily is housing Ukranian families and the event poster has a Ukraine border. It doesn’t fit. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So we thinking Amelie Lens is out or just being held back as a special guest now? Hope it’s the latter as I was really digging the video somebody posted of her the other day. Absolute banger-fest that I’d very much like to be a part of one night. 

I was initially assuming she was a special guest but I've since become more pessimistic and wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't on the full lineup unfortunately.

Hopefully I'm wrong because it could be awesome!

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I was initially assuming she was a special guest but I've since become more pessimistic and wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't on the full lineup unfortunately.

Hopefully I'm wrong because it could be awesome!

She has a London show so maybe thats it, Junction festival. parklife which is sold out too - it seems unlikely thats the reason though.

Given we lost her and only gained DNB acts, they must be after a new techno name if shes gone which is exciting i guess (assuming chems/orbital already a lock)

30 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If she needs discussing then set a dedicated thread up if you want to talk about her so not to distract from the Arcadia hype. 

?? This is the second Arcadia thread in two days and everyone's chatting about Arcadia-adjacent stuff ranging from Amelie's absence to Calvin's crowd side to spiders eggs. Nina's booking is fully on the table. Bizarre attempt at ringfencing discussion.

4 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Not necessarily. I certainly don't think that's being "clearly pro-putin, now and in the past.", and I haven't found anything concrete to back up that assertion.

It's true that her saying "I am praying for peace" is not the condemnation of Putin or out-right support for Ukraine that would put appease her fans or some Glastonbury-goers unfamiliar with her on this matter. 

"I don’t find it necessary for myself to publicly take a stance on issues."

I am excited about the Arcadia lineup and I might go and see Nina Kraviz if the timing suits (I've only seen her play once, which was after Aphex Twin at his Warehouse Project show when I thought she was excellent and much better than I expected), but I'm certainly not a massive fan or anything. However, if she publicly came out in support of Putin between now and then, I'd vote with my feet. But then I don't expect  her to.

Anyway, I'll probably duck out from discussing Nina Kraviz' politics any further in favour of being excited about the festival and its lineup announcements.

In this article you've linked she says that she sympathises with Putin????? She also says people in Russia have the right to express their own opinion so if she truly thinks this she can condemn Putin properly.

Not really adding up here