Coach Entrance Queues

BOBBY_FIRMINO

Helloo

First glasto this summer after a good few unsuccessful years of trying, was just wondering what the entrance queues are like for coach arrivals? Travelling from Liverpool so plan on getting the coach (national express) at about 6ish which would apparently get us to the site for midday. In anyone's experience would it be worth booking an earlier coach to ease our passage into the festival?

Many thanks in advance!

I have normally arrived by coach early to mid afternoon and apart from once when it took about 2 hours to get in (2011) there has only been short queues of less than 30 minutes.

Alot depends on where you want to camp though, there will be plenty of room in the outer campsites near the coach entrance such as Darble and Pylon, but if you want to be in one of the busier camping areas such as Pennards you may want to try and get there earlier.

15 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Helloo

First glasto this summer after a good few unsuccessful years of trying, was just wondering what the entrance queues are like for coach arrivals? Travelling from Liverpool so plan on getting the coach (national express) at about 6ish which would apparently get us to the site for midday. In anyone's experience would it be worth booking an earlier coach to ease our passage into the festival?

Many thanks in advance!

I used the Taunton coach in 2017 and it might have just been luck but the bus pulled up at 8:30am and I was in by 9:00am. Compare that to my friend who arrived at orange car park at 7am and got in through Pedestrian Gate A at 1pm. 

The most obvious benefit of arriving via the coach station is that you don't have to join the big queue that snakes all the way down from pedestrian gate A to the orange car park. There is a separate queue from the coach station which joins the main queue (but right at the front of PGA) but it's been relatively small every time I've got the coach. Maybe it's because the coaches all arrive at different intervals, maybe there's a concerted effort to minimise these queues to encourage more people to travel via coach? Dunno, but it's always worked out well for me.

Queues from the coach park are luck of the draw depending on how many coaches arrive within a short space of time. The last time I used the coach we were inside within 15 minutes but know people who've queued for over an hour. The main benefit of arriving early is the choice of camping spot. This is essential if you want to grab a spot in the very popular areas such as Big Ground, Kidney Mead, Pennards etc but less so if your not so bothered where you camp.

We are also booked on a National express from Liverpool this year - but earlier bus.

You will walk straight in at midday i reckon.    We did the coach for the first time in 2017 (overnight from Edinburgh) and arrived about 7 am before the gates opened.   Once the gates opened and the q started moving it took only about 30 minutes to get onsite - bliss compared to our previous experience by car.      

Coach is by far my favourite way to travel to Glastonbury and on both occasions I've arrived around 9am and then been in and set up within two hours. Considering you're also queuing with the many thousands who came by train its quite efficient how quickly they get people in. However, I do remember it taking a lot longer in the past!

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

I don’t want to do another thread, so I’ll ask here.

im also arriving by coach, then need to get a coach to worthy view. Where are those located?

The problem is you don't mention which Coach Company as some have access to the Bus/Coach Station and others don't - assuming your Coach gets to the Bus/Coach Station next to Gate A. I believe ' in the past ' there is a  shuttle bus from Gate A to Worthy View - how frequent they run I don't have a clue. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jay89 said:

I don’t want to do another thread, so I’ll ask here.

im also arriving by coach, then need to get a coach to worthy view. Where are those located?

Worthy View shuttles are accessed at the coach station near Gate A. So if you are arriving by coach it is very handy. It wasn't tremendously clear where they were but ask a steward two and you'll find them. Not sure on the timetable, it depends on the traffic I think they just do the roundtrip fill up and go. The one I caught was rickety old single decker. It takes around 20/30mins buts gets you right to the door. Once off the bus you'll be all set pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

The problem is you don't mention which Coach Company as some have access to the Bus/Coach Station and others don't - assuming your Coach gets to the Bus/Coach Station next to Gate A. I believe ' in the past ' there is a  shuttle bus from Gate A to Worthy View - how frequent they run I don't have a clue. 

Sorry, National Express.