Tame Impala

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

No, just my personal preference although I may not like it in a week after hearing it for a few times, we'll see

If you still think it’s as good as let it happen or the less I know the better in a week then good luck to you. I listened to it about 5 times on the way home from work and it got more meh with every listen. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If you still think it’s as good as let it happen or the less I know the better in a week then good luck to you. I listened to it about 5 times on the way home from work and it got more meh with every listen. 

eh fair enough, I get where you're coming from, I asked my friends to listen to it and they kind of though it was meh and they only know a few Tame songs anyway

I think it's good. Maybe really good. I dig the strong, pronounced drumming. Sounds like it came from InnerSpeaker. Combine that with the killer bass line in the second half, and the siren-like synth. Sounds like it could be brilliant live, which is where most Tame Impala songs flourish. 

New Person, Same Old Mistakes and Half Full Glass Of Wine are my two favourite Tame Impala songs.

Didn't think much of it when it was first released but it's grown on me a bit. Think it had the potential to be a really good tune as the keyboard riff is really catchy but it sounds like he's just gone a bit west with it. He did say that the reason the album was delayed is because he was spending so much time trying to get it right, so I'm a bit worried in case he's lost the plot & went full "Be Here Now"

• 1 month later...

New track Posthumous Forgiveness - head and shoulders above the other two tracks off the new album. 

Can see it translating really well live.

Listening to Borderline prior to Posthumous Forgiveness is seeming a lot more likeable now for some reason also.

Now a bit more excited for the new album.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone else get a funny feeling listening to One More Year?

This song is forever linked with Covid 19 for me, was listening to it quite a bit when everything started turning to shit, and the meaning of the song changed completely from 'we'll have one more year of caning it before we stop' to ' one more year and we'll be back on it again'

The song makes me feel sad and happy at the same time

• Like 1