Tame Impala

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Think both of the new tunes are good, prefer Borderline over Patience like but neither are on the banger level of Less I Know The Better, Let it Happen, Elephant etc so hoping he's got a few belters up his sleeve for the album. He did do a demo with SZA a few years ago which was unbelievable but I don't think anything ever came of it, I'm hoping he's reworked it as a Tame Impala tune because it could easily be this album's Less I Know The Better.

(Posted that link earlier btw, it's the reason the thread has been bumped?)

oops sorry, I was just a little excited as I heard Tame Impala news and got a little giddy!

Just listened to the demo he did with SZA sounds quite good, I'm hoping Kev's new album has another banger the size of Let it happen etc. although the moment is my favourite song (namely because I know all the lyrics)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Exact same boat mate, Olympia 2015 September I think? Put on a great show. I can remember they only announced Liverpool and glasgow I think as the warm up shows for the arenas. Then caught them in Manchester early 2016 and they proved they could handle the arenas no bother. 

They were amazing at citadel 2018 mind, but the setlist had a few of the old bangers in. I can remember the days of only innerspeaker being out and it seemed like they used to play 2/3 songs and for the remainder of the set jam out! 

But I think the time has come to put some new music on the table. I read something about the forest fires burning down where they where recording or something along the lines (could be way out but it seems to come to mind) so maybe that was a big factor in why were still without new material. 

I think if they hadn’t have played this year, they’d have been a perfect fit for the pyramid 2020. And I do think they’d be more deserving than the other bands doing the rounds for that slot too, and especially with new material. Would be some show on the pyramid, and I’m certain they’ll do it one year.

Yeah that was the one mate. My bird went the Manchester gig in 2016 but I had to turn it down because I was seeing Cast in St Helens on the same night!

Then saw them in Milan in summer 2016, Mad Cool in Madrid in 2018 & obviously Glasto this year. By the time we saw them in 2018 I even thought they were taking the piss a bit by starting what seemed like another tour without any new music at all - over a year on & we're still more or less in the same situation!

Depending on how good / commercially successful this album is going to be you could even argue that they could have headlined the Pyramid this year if it had been released in time. Couple more catchy numbers & they'd easily have enough material to keep the Pyramid crowd happy

16 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

is LP the same as an album, I don't know a lot of music terms so excuse my ignorance, will be it be the same length as currents?

Yeah, an EP is a single to a few tunes prior to the album, usually before the debut album and LP is an album. Might be the same length but we don’t know till we get the track-list and how long the songs are. They are both albums so probably the length of an average Impala album. Should be good. Pretty excited for this new release. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah, an EP is a single to a few tunes prior to the album, usually before the debut album and LP is an album. Might be the same length but we don’t know till we get the track-list and how long the songs are. They are both albums so probably the length of an average Impala album. Should be good. Pretty excited for this new release. 

Thank you! you and me both

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kinda hoping the two previously released songs aren’t on this. They weren’t terrible or anything, but just felt a little like Currents leftovers, and I’m hoping he’s changed up the sound a bit for this one.

Id' be surprised if it didn't, but i do agree, very B-side ish. Any follow up to Currents was always going to be difficult

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kinda hoping the two previously released songs aren’t on this. They weren’t terrible or anything, but just felt a little like Currents leftovers, and I’m hoping he’s changed up the sound a bit for this one.

Ye I’m hoping so too mate. From the 3 albums the sounds changed every time, so looking forward to see where he takes it this time around. Feeling the music on the updated teaser video on their site.

Probably the most important album so far for TI in perspective, currents attracted the eyes, and now everyone is watching to see where he goes next. 

I can remember Innerspeaker coming out and being hooked on the likes of alter ego and it is not meant to be, never imagined the band to ascend into the heights they have. At the point where teenagers are tweeting Tame lyrics - madness!

1 minute ago, Harry_W01 said:

It Might Be Time may just be my favourite Tame Impala song, ever. I'm really impressed Kev has made an absolute banger I can't wait for Feb 14th now.

Do you guys think Glasto will book Tame again in the near future aswell?

You've decided it's your favourite ever Tame Impala song in the 50 minutes it's been released?

And I'm sure they'll be booked again, but not for 3+ years, although tbh it's hard to see where they go now after already subbing Pyramid and headlining Other.

4 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

It Might Be Time may just be my favourite Tame Impala song, ever. I'm really impressed Kev has made an absolute banger I can't wait for Feb 14th now.

Do you guys think Glasto will book Tame again in the near future aswell?

I know they played this year, so maybe a bit soon, but if the new album does as well as currents, i could see them headlining 2021

Edited by Gromite

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IMO there are a lot of elements of this song that I enjoy and it's really nicely produced but overall there's something lacking for me, like it all doesn't come together in to a coherent song.

Yeah, there’s interesting bits but the actual song is threadbare.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IMO there are a lot of elements of this song that I enjoy and it's really nicely produced but overall there's something lacking for me, like it all doesn't come together in to a coherent song.

Felt the same way about Patience. Thought borderline held up a lot more than Patience. I like the vibe of the new song but nothing mind-blowing as of yet. 

Heres to hoping there’s an 8 minute dimension-bending banger to come.

Out of those 3 newer songs they do all seem a lot more accessible and easier for the average radio listener to soak up, which is the way he could be going if he chooses to step into the mainstream more and collect a load more fans.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I agree, seems very messy. However typical Impala - nothing special for me. Quite disappointing. Like foals, not making the step up for me.