Tame Impala

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, internetjef said:

I would hope for a couple less off currents (9!), and couple more from previous 2 albums. Guessing they prob won’t change  it up much due to the visuals though

I'd expect it to be similar - maybe 1 or 2 more from the upcoming album. Suppose they have to rehearse and have visuals etc prepared - don't know how flexible they'd be.

Looks quite short for a headline act, but they do string the songs out (I remember Let It Happen going on for like 10 mins..)

5 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I would hope for a couple less off currents (9!), and couple more from previous 2 albums. Guessing they prob won’t change  it up much due to the visuals though

Well hopefully they’ll have a new album out come Glastonbury so there’ll be a fair bit of that in there, but yeah, expecting it to be new album/Currents heavy with only a couple from the other two.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Very good but I was expecting a few more new tunes. I thought coachella would be the perfect time to debut the albums lead single but obviously not.

unless... patience really is the lead single. 

True, I thought that also, but Foals album bangs and Exits wasn't great, you have to see the album I suppose together. Kevin doesn't seem the sort to play unreleased songs. Hopefully more are released by then.

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

True, I thought that also, but Foals album bangs and Exits wasn't great, you have to see the album I suppose together. Kevin doesn't seem the sort to play unreleased songs. Hopefully more are released by then.

I’m a big tame fan but I haven’t heard anything yet to get me super excited for this album. It’s a rather basic desire but I kinda need a let it happen, less I know;  lead tune to grasp my interest. At the moment it sounds like two tunes that could have been cut from Currents.

i don’t doubt they have something up their sleeves though 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Maybe so, but the songs themselves are quite bland.

Remember them moment I was blown away after hearing Elephant and Let It Happen, but waiting this long to return with this is rather disappointing.

Hoping these songs are leftovers they had to get out of their system before going in a surprising new direction for the new album.

I think the song is great too and that their 60's psychedelic rock sound feels a bit plodding and overly retro in comparison to the new stuff but from what I've read I'm very much in the minority on that.  

Just watched their Coachella set. A bit disappointing how identical it felt to the shows I saw in '16 and '18, and the two new songs don't really make much of an impact.

Hoping they will have a more exciting song to finish with other than New Person, Same Old Mistakes at Glastonbury.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

saw them in Dublin on Wednesday and it was immense. Basically still the Currents setlist, with the 2 news songs, but the lights/lasers/visuals were fantastic. Hopefully all of that setup makes it to the Other Stage tonight, should be spectacular in the dark. Think Chem Bros type of visual show.

Awesome. I've got really high hopes for this. Set of the weekend potential and I think they could have a huge crowd too. Other stage has been hammering them over the PA as well and it's just raised the excitement.