Tame Impala

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really can’t see it panning out any other way. Even without a confirmation I can sleep well at night with the knowledge that they’ll be my Friday headliner.

Neil had info they were headlining the other on Friday prior to the lineup some you’ve got to think it’s right

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Neil had info they were headlining the other on Friday prior to the lineup some you’ve got to think it’s right

I swear he said he only has info they're an other stage headliner, he said he would guess friday, I'm aware Prodigy were supposedly saturday night and chems can't play friday but I'm still cautious until it's full on confirmed

16 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

To my ears they sound even more like Todd Rundgren than they did before so its a thumbs up from me. I'll be seeing them no matter what (unless Steve Hillage Band are on at the same time).

Would love to see him on the farm if still touring.

Edited by cammie81

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, James96 said:

Patience and Borderline have killed my excitement for seeing TI anytime soon, just don't think it'll be as good as seeing them in the Currents era. I've got a feeling this new album of theirs will be shite.

My worry too mate. Still one of my favourite acts who I’ll always dedicate my time too but just have a funny feeling about this album. 

Headline slots at some of the big festivals could lead to them chasing blander sounds, which is what I think when I listen to patience and borderlines. 

Still an incredible band and they’ll always add in the solos and jams/mash ups of their songs live which I enjoy massively, just don’t have high hopes for this new album after what I’ve heard so far.

14 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The Empress Ballroom is a weird one stuck between two huge UK gigs in the O2 and the Other stage. I wonder how quickly, if at all, the O2 will sell out.

There definitely seems to be room for more UK dates, maybe they're holding back to help sell the O2 gig. Also I'm really loving Patience, maybe a disco inspired album isn't what everyone wants but it should add more variety to their live sets.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, James96 said:

Patience and Borderline have killed my excitement for seeing TI anytime soon, just don't think it'll be as good as seeing them in the Currents era. I've got a feeling this new album of theirs will be shite.

Believe it or not they can actually play their old songs... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, James96 said:

Hence why I said I don't think it'd be better than currents era, because they'll be populating the setlist with these other songs.

Nah thats what they use their own gigs for... festivals will be all their hits plus couple new ones. 

Really early take but I think, as far as America is concerned at least, this is gonna be Phoenix following up WAP with Bankrupt! all over again. Not that Bankrupt! wasn’t good, it just failed to deliver on the promise of a band stepping up to the big leagues. And a plateau here as well, I assume.

Don’t really get the talk about them becoming blander or more disco or more mainstream - the (two!) songs so far kinda just seem like a direct continuation from Currents but less impressive.