Kylie v Janet v Miley

blackdog

Just see who you want I never choose based on gender but purely on what I like .

Will definitely see kylie and almost certainly Janet.  Will 100 % not see mylie just remember my kids watching that God awful kids programme and her music does nothing for me but enjoy if it's for you .

If you want to see more female artists definitely concur with earlier comments go see aurora and Christine I'll be at both . 

Got a feeling lauren and Janelle may clash with others but if not would particularly like to see janelle as never seen her before 

100% Kylie all day every day.

Id only see Miley for wrecking ball and I think Janet is actually completely shit.

I had a listening session too Janet yesterday with my GF who actually likes pop music and r&b and we both came to the same conclusion on Janet and that is how did she even get a music career. 

Edited by Xeph1995

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

One which isn't going to mime due to 'complicated dance moves'. 

I saw Kylie in 2001, pretty sure she wasn't miming.

(saw All Saints in 2000, and they defo were).

Can't say I was particularly impressed by Kylie back then. It was everything I expected and yet it seemed cold and just going thru the motions ... but to be fair it followed the most mind-blowing show from The Avalanches so it had some unbeatable competition.

Edited by eFestivals

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Loving r'n'b but hating Janet Jackson is certainly some interesting cognitive dissonance.

How so? You can like a musical genre or style without liking every artist in it, regardless of their place within it right?

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

How so? You can like a musical genre or style without liking every artist in it, regardless of their place within it right?

Aye I'm not exactly two sure what defines R&B so i could be wrong with the comparison but Janet Jackson and Beyonce are pretty different?.

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

Aye I'm not exactly two sure what defines R&B so i could be wrong with the comparison but Janet Jackson and Beyonce are pretty different?.

Assuming Calgon's not just on the wind up, I'd say that like her or not Janet Jackson's work in the 80s and early 90s laid the groundwork for your mainstream female RnB artists from the 00s onwards. 

6 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I'm not trying to shame you but this is the craziest post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you super young? 

If that really is the craziest post you've read on this forum I consider myself very shamed ahah.

I am very young, yes. 26 so basically fresh out of high school. I dunno what's going on, I assumed I would know some songs by her but went through her best of and got nothing. I honestly thought I was quite good with music till this, it's been an emotional week since the poster dropped ahah.