Game of Thrones

Rufus Gwertigan

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Enjoyed this weeks a lot more than last despite still not an awful lot happening, but I do worry how they’re gonna wrap everything up in a satisfying way with only 4 episodes left. I thought they’d be six fast paced packed episodes, but they still seem content to meander quite a bit. Lots of loose ends and characters I can see not really being tied up. 

The way people were moaning about them zipping about last season, they'll probably all die in the next episode and itll be 3 episodes of the dead trundling down the roads to the south. Maybe even get a song from Dead Sheeran.

Next weeks battle feels earned now. I'll start thinking about that after Endgame though which I'm well more excited for.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It really isn’t. Surely if you’re facing an enemy who can control the dead sticking everyone in a sealed chamber full of them is a daft idea?

Is it not a case that only those killed by the hands of the dead can rise/be reanimated? Or can the night king raise anyone? Or does anyone know? Thus far we have only witnessed the rise of those killed by the hands of the wights, white walkers and the night king, yeah? 

Why would the night king need an army if he could just silently stroll through Westeros and raise all the dead in the ground, surprise attacking all the living and ultimately taking over the world effectively, undetected? 

If he can raise any and all of the dead I would think the whole story to be majorly flawed and the night king to be tactically naive.... ?

Mega dumb how nobody seems to be planning for or even talking about this zombie dragon that they’re fully aware is apparently heading their way. Their plan of defence seemed to focus purely on an army on the ground, and Tormund/Beric have seen this thing in action and know full well it can tear Winterfell down in a matter of seconds.

Maybe it’ll be touched on in the next episode, but they’re all seeming awfully blasé over this very real threat.

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Mega dumb how nobody seems to be planning for or even talking about this zombie dragon that they’re fully aware is apparently heading their way. Their plan of defence seemed to focus purely on an army on the ground, and Tormund/Beric have seen this thing in action and know full well it can tear Winterfell down in a matter of seconds.

Maybe it’ll be touched on in the next episode, but they’re all seeming awfully blasé over this very real threat.

Yeah, even Dany didn’t seem too bothered when Brann told her.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, FloorFiller said:

Enjoyed this weeks a lot more than last despite still not an awful lot happening, but I do worry how they’re gonna wrap everything up in a satisfying way with only 4 episodes left. I thought they’d be six fast paced packed episodes, but they still seem content to meander quite a bit. Lots of loose ends and characters I can see not really being tied up. 

I don't get how the action seems now in the North and yet Cersei is chuckling down South. Unless survivors pile down the A1(M), how is there going to be a suitable end for the Iron throne if most of the characters aren't there.

It seems like a metaphor for Brexit, (sorry!) - everyone knows the shit's going to hit the fan yet they can't be arsed doing anything.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, FloorFiller said:

Their plan of defence seemed to focus purely on an army on the ground

I thought Jon and Dany were heading off to mount the dragons at the end of episode 2. Hence the whole him flying a dragon sequence earlier on 

Edited by bunique

On 4/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Am I the only one feeling a little uncomfortable watching Arya (Maisie Williams) strip off? I feel for her like a daughter and that is one thing I need not see.

Thought the same.

58 minutes ago, bunique said:

I thought Jon and Dany were heading off to mount the dragons at the end of episode 2. Hence the whole him flying a dragon sequence earlier on 

If you look into the darkness in the trailer, definitely dragons flying in the distance.

Wasn’t expecting the Night King to be defeated in this episode but I’m glad he was because I find humans vs. humans far more interesting than mindless zombies, and Cersei has always been the real villain so glad it’s gonna end with an actual battle for the throne.

Episode was good but not one of my favourites for the reason above. Also couldn’t really see what was going on for like 80% of it. Ludicrous some of the people who made it out alive - Greyworm and Sam dodged death like ten times each. 

Enjoyed the episode a lot - just not quite sure why they didn’t kill off some of the more notable characters who aren’t going to have an impact to the throne e.g. Brienne, Tormund, Sam, Greyworm etc. 

Would have also liked a bit more of a climax to the killing of the Night King - seemed a bit easy to a) get to him and b) defeat him after all of that! 

Still - it has set up the real war perfectly for the last 3 episodes. 

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also couldn’t really see what was going on for like 80% of it.

I gave up my plasma at the start of the year. I can see why they don't make them any more as it was using the same power as everything else in the house added together but jeez LCD's are nowhere as near with blacks and dark scenes even now. I was thinking the same thing.

Edited by lost

Yea the darkness was weird at times. Not sure it lent itself fully to the chaos and fear I assume it was meant to be for.

Great episode though. really enjoyed. Kind of wished they killed more off but there are only so many lingering camera shots you can do.

Not many left to march south.

Very odd ending as well

My nerves are shredded. Thought more people would die after an accidental spoiler I read this morning. The end of the Night King seemed a bit easy, didn’t it? Enjoyed it though, even for all its ridiculousness. Sansa and Tyrion almost had me shedding a little tear. 

Not sure what to think... I loved it, then quickly became indifferent about halfway through... 

How did the dead beat an entire army in 5 minutes... The dothraki in seconds and then struggle against a couple of the main characters for about 45 minutes. 

I mean it's a how not to play Total war episode as well.. Terrible tactics. 

Enjoyed sansas you were the best of them line though and the score was incredible 

I was pretty happy with that episode overall.  The fighting go a bit tiresome, but towards the end you knew that the only way they'd survive was to kill the night king.  For Arya to do it felt fight to me (almost literally defeating death) - far better that John doing it...would have been a bit too obvious.  He was just a wight, so a dragonglass dagger should have done the trick (though not sure why dragonfire didn't).

Glad we have a good run at the last 3 to wind up the Cersei situation - always been far more interesting that the battles up north with the dead.  But there can't be too many northerners left - dothraki are gone, most for the other armies are decimated, seems like just the usual suspects.  Which means that there has to be some switching of loyalties somewhere along the way, as Cersei has just brought in the Golden Army, plus had troops left from before.

I enjoyed it, although I actually found it quite irritating that by the end nearly all of the principle cast were still standing.

Also, what the hell was Brann doing for the whole thing? An eight season boring arc that was all leading to this moment... and he just sat there. At least Arya sweeping a floor for a year had a purpose.

I assumed he had either popped off to the shops to get his favourite snack, something we will find out later, or was passing the time doing angry Ravens.

I am not sure whether he knew what was going to happen and therefore just had to wait it out.

The Red Witch also knew what was going to happen as well. As she instructed Ayra to leave to get the Night King. I am also glad they just killed him assassin style instead of some drawn out fight.

I have a lot of thoughts but as a book reader and a show watcher this was perfectly done. Il try and summarise my points in brief.

- Arya doing the deed makes so much sense in the context of the entire story. Also it is very GRRM for the Jon prophecy to be a misdirection.

- Bran did nothing because he knew that they would win. He knew how the NK would be killed and made sure that the stage was set for it to happen. He gave Arya the knife etc.

- Cersei is the main villain of the story. Always has been. I believe one thing the show slightly messed up with is made the army of the dead a bit deeper than even the books did. I’m glad that it won’t be vs the walkers till the end.

- the preview for episode 4 looks great.

also it’s rare that something can be so foreshadowed and yet no one believed or saw it coming.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I assumed he had either popped off to the shops to get his favourite snack, something we will find out later, or was passing the time doing angry Ravens.

I am not sure whether he knew what was going to happen and therefore just had to wait it out.

The Red Witch also knew what was going to happen as well. As she instructed Ayra to leave to get the Night King. I am also glad they just killed him assassin style instead of some drawn out fight.

I think he knew that in order to do it he’d literally have to sit duck and set a trap which would involve a lot of people dying.

maybe that’s why he seems emotionless because he knows how many will have to die for the greater purpose.

6 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I was pretty happy with that episode overall.  The fighting go a bit tiresome, but towards the end you knew that the only way they'd survive was to kill the night king.  For Arya to do it felt fight to me (almost literally defeating death) - far better that John doing it...would have been a bit too obvious.  He was just a wight, so a dragonglass dagger should have done the trick (though not sure why dragonfire didn't).

Glad we have a good run at the last 3 to wind up the Cersei situation - always been far more interesting that the battles up north with the dead.  But there can't be too many northerners left - dothraki are gone, most for the other armies are decimated, seems like just the usual suspects.  Which means that there has to be some switching of loyalties somewhere along the way, as Cersei has just brought in the Golden Army, plus had troops left from before.

Actually D&D said that NK could only be killed with the dragonglass dagger in the heart. Cause that's how he was made and how he can be undone. I find that really stupid, they didn't establish that good enough, after he survived fire he should've survived Jon's sword to the arm or something then rise the dead to fight Jon then go to Bran