Beer (in cans) recommendation.

Rufus Gwertigan

19 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

That's a coincidence, I've spent ages today trying to find an old picture on Google photos of an ale I love. It's Vocation Life & Death. Sublime. Asda are doing 8 for £9 so going to grab 16 tonight to add to my GF stash 

Not festival related but 'Life and Death' is coming to the Perfect Draft Keg selection soon.

25 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

That's a coincidence, I've spent ages today trying to find an old picture on Google photos of an ale I love. It's Vocation Life & Death. Sublime. Asda are doing 8 for £9 so going to grab 16 tonight to add to my GF stash 

Great beer, and one of the best that ever comes into those supermarket deals. But with hoppy stuff like that, you really want to drink it as fresh as possible rather than putting it away for almost 2 months.

Yeah Iam terrible, I had to re-buy my 2019 booze 3 times over 😅....Maybe I could buy 8 different beers on the deal just for research testing purposes ?

I was supposed to quote @blutarskyin that comment

Edited by gazzared

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

That is definitely one of the better offer and a bargain for a beer of that quality.

Morrison's are currently selling off this collaboration with Gweil-Lo for £1.50 a can (440ml), if you can find it, i's definitely worth it

Gweilo x Vocation // East & West | Head of Steam

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Just bought some of these for later on in the evenings, one of my favourite stouts. Worked out at £2 a can which I thought was a bargainImage with no description

Mr Gigpusher is a big Brew York fan. There is a box in the garage ready for Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, CurrySauce said:

I'd be interested in tips on bringing cans to the festival. Have typically filled an empty box of 24 cans of coke and gaffer taped the hell out of it

Better chance of getting through an airport with a kilo of coke than getting a can into glastonbury, good luck 🙂

Seriously though - they don't care, theres no alcohol limits if you didn't know this

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Better chance of getting through an airport with a kilo of coke than getting a can into glastonbury, good luck 🙂

Seriously though - they don't care, theres no alcohol limits if you didn't know this

Haha, no the gaffer tape coke box is more so I can get a nice mix and match going rather than a crate of all the same beers. Need it all in one box as taking the coach. Was just wondering what others did which is less precarious than reinforced cardboard. 

Haha, no the gaffer tape coke box is more so I can get a nice mix and match going rather than a crate of all the same beers. Need it all in one box as taking the coach. Was just wondering what others did which is less precarious than reinforced cardboard. 

Ah i see! To be honest i'd probably just do that, maybe get a fresh box just so its safer than re-using an old crate.

look out for beerhawk offers, sometimes they have a mega box of 24 or 48 for about £1 a can. Also brewdog have special offers aswell, they currently have these

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/hoppy-christmas-24-can

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/planet-pale-12-x-can

no idea what its like though but theyll all come nicely boxed up ready for glastonbury haha

Edited by gazzared

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Great beer, and one of the best that ever comes into those supermarket deals. But with hoppy stuff like that, you really want to drink it as fresh as possible rather than putting it away for almost 2 months.

Yeh good point. I've held off. I have terrible luck with offers on things and thinking "I'll get it in a few weeks" then it goes mega expensive.

It's a cracking beer. There's another I love which I can't find anywhere - I had it through Beer52 years ago, its called Buxton Brewery Lupulus X. It was something stupid like £4.25 for a 330ml can 2 years ago online, now I can't see it anywhere. It looks like Tesco did do it at some point but not now.

2 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

That is definitely one of the better offer and a bargain for a beer of that quality.

Morrison's are currently selling off this collaboration with Gweil-Lo for £1.50 a can (440ml), if you can find it, i's definitely worth it

Gweilo x Vocation // East & West | Head of Steam

Excellent thank you! I'll definitely pop in tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Some of the prices for the 440ml single cans in Tesco are crazy. 

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Not festival related but 'Life and Death' is coming to the Perfect Draft Keg selection soon.

Ooh interesting! A mate of mine has one of those kegs, I'll tell him to keep a look out. Or buy it for him and reap the benefits one evening.

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I’ve had to box up my perfect draft and stop using it. The most efficient way to buy kegs is 3 at a time which is bloody lethal for me, I’ve got no self control and end up drinking a whole keg in one night once I get started. I have to ration my booze now and only buy a few bottles or cans at a time 🤦🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeh good point. I've held off. I have terrible luck with offers on things and thinking "I'll get it in a few weeks" then it goes mega expensive.

It's a cracking beer. There's another I love which I can't find anywhere - I had it through Beer52 years ago, its called Buxton Brewery Lupulus X. It was something stupid like £4.25 for a 330ml can 2 years ago online, now I can't see it anywhere. It looks like Tesco did do it at some point but not now.

Probably best trying a brewery you like. If you sign up to their mailing list they often do offers and you can do mixed boxes. We have bought from Brew York, Northern Monk and @plot2potThirst Class Ale. That way you can do mix and match of different stuff you like and they generally will be delivered in a robust box. 

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/308098124

I don't have an account - so can't see if in stock or not.

2 minutes ago, coma girl said:

The beer line up at Bearded is almost as exciting as the music one. Best bars of any festival I have been to

It is, can't wait to see which beers they have. It is the only festival where I end up taking beer home. Just easier to buy at the bars and a glorious selection.

This is fast becoming one of my fave session* (i.e. drink a lot of it) beers recently:

https://beavertownbrewery.co.uk/products/nanobot-super-session-ipa

Nanobot - Super Session IPA

The annoying part is it's so expensive, I've only found four packs in Sainsbury and they are £7.50 a pop.

but it actually tastes like beer, it's got shades of Dead Pony Club, but at 2.8% I can drink a couple of four packs over a long evening and stay lightly toasted rather then getting smashed, and no ill effects in the morning

I have started stocking up cans from Home Bargains, they have had some good prices on Hawkshead cans and Pistonhead. 

I am not a Leffe fan but they have six packs of that for around £6 so some friends have been getting those in. 

Everything bought so far will probably get tanned at Bearded so I'll be on the look out for some good deals for Glasto. I don't usually take strong beer to Glastonbury but now realising they are a good shout for later on at night so I am going to get in some strong stouts or DIPAs

2 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

It is, can't wait to see which beers they have. It is the only festival where I end up taking beer home. Just easier to buy at the bars and a glorious selection.

It's almost annoying that the festival which has the best beer selection at the cheapest prices is one of the ones you can take your own booze into the arena of. 

In previous years they have released the bar line up in advance, hopefully they do that again so I can geek out and check them out on Untappd in advance 

2 hours ago, coma girl said:

It's almost annoying that the festival which has the best beer selection at the cheapest prices is one of the ones you can take your own booze into the arena of.

It is ironic, I always take an interesting selection but usually bring some home. I never take anything back from Glastonbury or Boomtown. I think I only bought 2 pints at Glastonbury in 2019, some horrible beer there.