Beer (in cans) recommendation.

Rufus Gwertigan

I think a nice citrus Ipa like Electric India or Elvis Juice taste perfectly drinkable warm, and my cans don't seem to get that warm anyway. I only drink beer until about the subs when I switch to spirits. It's not like you're drinking cans on beer that have been sat on a table in full sun for 9 hours.

Tesco and morrisons have been doing two crates of 4 craft beers for 9 quid. Not too bad for really nice beer. Been sticking up sporadically. Got some brewdog punk and elvis juice. Trying to keep eye out for some beavertown but is very pricey. Any good suggestions for craft in cans welcome. 

My plan was to buy a crate of coke and then replace the cans with a selection of beer and tape it back up 

Just now, PorkSoda said:

Tesco and morrisons have been doing two crates of 4 craft beers for 9 quid. Not too bad for really nice beer. Been sticking up sporadically. Got some brewdog punk and elvis juice. Trying to keep eye out for some beavertown but is very pricey. Any good suggestions for craft in cans welcome. 

My plan was to buy a crate of coke and then replace the cans with a selection of beer and tape it back up 

New World / Eternal by Northern Monk are by far the best things on that deal you mention in Mozzas imo. Wouldn't buy 'em just yet though.

• Upvote 1

I'm a very unadventurous beer drinker when it comes to the festival as warm/slightly cold beer isn't exactly great however a cheap crate/box of Bud Light or Coors light usually does the trick for me. If they had cans of Hoegardden or Peroni i'd probably go for those but i've only seen those in bottles. Usually go for 1 crate of beer and the rest cider along with the usual rum choices decanted. Best tip to keep cans cold/cool is to put them under your tent however unless you drink them first thing in the morning you are unlikely to get the full benefit 

• Like 1

Supermarkets do loads of reasonably priced, modern, craft beers in handy small cans now. I'm mainly into IPAs, and you can't go wrong with most stuff by Vocation (Heart & Soul, Life & Death), Northern Monk (Eternal, New World), and Brewdog (Dead Pony, Punk, Elvis Juice).

I'll be buying a load of the above, and might treat myself to a few fancier ones from my local beer shop.

• Upvote 1

To add something more on topic than a picture of a beer that cannot be bought in can form ?

last year I took about 16 cans of ghost ship, maybe the same again of Thatchers Haze (easy to drink for breakfast), and then some various craft beers I think. 

I usually scout the Morrison’s 4 for £6 mix and match , or as mentioned above, the 2x 4 pack for £9 offers.

52 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I'm clearly overly keen as I've already started compiling my beer stash as Brewdog had an online sale. I got a bunch of Lost Lager (not tried before) and Electric India (crazy delicious) cans.

Beer tastes better fresh. Ideally you don't want to be compiling your festival stash until a couple of weeks beforehand.

52 minutes ago, morph100 said:

How about polypins?

https://www.hopback.co.uk/product/summer-lightning-polypins/ 

Might put one of these in the caravan and then when it gets light enough to carry round all day take it in with me ?

Great for the caravan - assuming you'll be there enough to drink it - but not good for carrying around. I did it one year and the beer clearly did not enjoy being out in the sun and sloshed around.

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Unless you can find a decent way of keeping them cold I wouldn’t bother personally. Lukewarm cans are just vile.

Keep them under your groundsheet, and then in a bag, and try to keep said bag out of direct sun, and they should be fine. Obviously not fridge cold, and some beers are better suited to that sort of temperature than others, but it's not difficult to enjoy a perfectly pleasant ale from a can.

14 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

To add something more on topic than a picture of a beer that cannot be bought in can form ?

last year I took about 16 cans of ghost ship, maybe the same again of Thatchers Haze (easy to drink for breakfast), and then some various craft beers I think. 

I usually scout the Morrison’s 4 for £6 mix and match , or as mentioned above, the 2x 4 pack for £9 offers.

+1 for Thatchers Haze.

I'm normally much more of a beer drinker than cider, but I always find that beer warms up just that bit too much for me to enjoy it.