The South East Corner

SouthbanKen

Been to the festival twice but both were way back when at the turn of the millennium, finally persuaded my Mrs that the experience of G is worth the hardships of camping and managed to secure a couple of tickets. 

Clearly a lot has changed in the 20 years since i last went, and i was wondering about Arcadia, the SE Corner, Block 9 ect, so a few questions you guys could maybe help with: 

Are Arcadia and Block 9 both in the SE Corner, are they essentially the same thing, what are the differences between them?

Are these areas open all day as well as late nights?

We are both into our dance music so where are the best places to head for a bit of a rave?

What time do you need to head over to avoid the queues (heard a lot about queues getting in there after the headliners?)

Cheers for any help 

Aside from to say you're in for a treat, it's difficult to answer your questions fully until more information is released for this year. 

Arcadia used to be in the SE corner but it's been moved out now.  It's at the top of the site, on the opposite side of the railway line to Other Stage by an area called The Park which will also be new to you as it was born in 2007 I believe.

In the SE corner, Block 9, Shangri-La, The Common and The Unfairground all cater predominantly to electronic music of various genres.  These areas are usually open from midday onwards although they only really get going from the evening.

Don't worry too much about the queues, it's not THAT bad - and they are likely to have made improvements over the fallow year too.

Arcadia is in a different location to the SE, it was last there in 2009, it now has it's own field on the other end of the railway track. The SE corner and including Block 9 are open during the day but not much happening until 4/5pm for any major action. Definitely worth a wander through when it is quiet though. 

During the day for dance head either to Silver Hayes or the Glade which also features the Spaceport, LoveBullets and the Spike. Plenty going on.

Edited by Hotchilidog

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Been to the festival twice but both were way back when at the turn of the millennium, finally persuaded my Mrs that the experience of G is worth the hardships of camping and managed to secure a couple of tickets. 

Clearly a lot has changed in the 20 years since i last went, and i was wondering about Arcadia, the SE Corner, Block 9 ect, so a few questions you guys could maybe help with: 

Are Arcadia and Block 9 both in the SE Corner, are they essentially the same thing, what are the differences between them?

Are these areas open all day as well as late nights?

We are both into our dance music so where are the best places to head for a bit of a rave?

What time do you need to head over to avoid the queues (heard a lot about queues getting in there after the headliners?)

Cheers for any help 

the south Eats corner is a little slice of heaven. Arcadia also rocks. you just have to be there at the right time. if you venture up when the pyramid closes you will be gone hours. 

I like to go up Friday afternoon , then head to Arcadia quite late . looking forward to what Arcadia looks like this year now the spider has gone