The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, ErnestWorthing said:

anyone know roughly how much a crate of coke set you back? I’m expecting £20 but if it’s much more i might lug some in myself 

They weren't selling crates but you could pick up and buy a whole tray.

Prices from 2019

£1.10 for a 330ml can means it cost about £6.60 for the equivalent of a 2L bottle. 

And coke has shot up in price recently (£2.20+ for 2L bottle not on discount near me). So definitely worth bringing some of your own mixer in.

Edited by Leyrulion

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They weren't selling crates but you could pick up and buy a whole tray.

Prices from 2019

£1.10 for a 330ml can means it cost about £6.60 for the equivalent of a 2L bottle. 

And coke has shot up in price recently (£2.20+ for 2L bottle not on discount near me). So definitely worth bringing some of your own mixer in.

Ta very much. £26 for 24 cans isn’t the worst but yeah, will see if i can bring some with me 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Did the ice tend to always be available when you went in or was it hit and miss?

Was pretty much always stocked, and that was In the very hot year so you’ll be fine. 

Wonder how much the meal deals will be this year. Think they were £5.50 odd last time? Could be wrong there. Noticed they are now £4 in store normally (without their new app trying to copy Tesco).

25 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Was pretty much always stocked, and that was In the very hot year so you’ll be fine. 

Wonder how much the meal deals will be this year. Think they were £5.50 odd last time? Could be wrong there. Noticed they are now £4 in store normally (without their new app trying to copy Tesco).

It was £3 in normal stores when they were £5.50 last time so would expect them to be closer to £7 this time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Someone told me that the co-op didnt have booze last year but seems like they had a fair amount at Download last weekend!?

Yeah Boxes of Wine , some brew dog cans and all your standard lagers , nothing in glass bottles obvs 

Not crazy prices either, £8.50 for 4 pint cans of carlsberg export

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Someone told me that the co-op didnt have booze last year but seems like they had a fair amount at Download last weekend!?

Yep, that's correct.

They only sell alcohol at festivals where the Arena and Campsite are split - with the Co-Op being on the Campsite side, and so any alcohol sold can't be taken to stages.

16 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but anyone know if they'll be selling Red Bull/Monster etc? Could use a couple for my night shift and it'd be nice not to have the extra weight coming down on the train. 

I saw some in the 2019 pics so there could be a high possibility!

Inside-the-Co-op-store-Glastonbury-2019-Rachael-Shah.webp

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, Leyrulion said:

It was £3 in normal stores when they were £5.50 last time so would expect them to be closer to £7 this time.

I was at Download this weekend. Meal deals were £4.50, 2 litre bottles of drink £2.75. Cartons of fruit juice/smoothies around £2.50-£2.75. I think ice was £2.50. They were stocked really well throughout the weekend. They were open 7am -3am over the weekend x

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

https://www.coop.co.uk/on-site-festival-stores/glastonbury-festival

Not a full inventory but a good outline of what's available. But, it says that it won't open until Thursday. I thought it would be trading on Wednesday.

Looks like a mistake considering it says campsite opening instead of a time (given its already open). I reckon it might be updated soon once they realise / silently open wednesday

What day did it open in 19?

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Looks like a mistake considering it says campsite opening instead of a time (given its already open). I reckon it might be updated soon once they realise / silently open wednesday

What day did it open in 19?

campsite opening wed .... in a reply to me 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, themunn said:

Can anybody remember if they sold ginger beer (regular ginger beer, not alcoholic) at co-op in 2019?

I have a vague recollection that they didn't - very important as I need to know whether to stock up  on it!! Kiev Mules & Dark & Stormys at risk!!

Not an exact help but I'm pretty sure Reading/Latitude's co-ops had it last year. Fingers crossed for you - hopefully someone else can give an exact answer. It would be amazing if we had a co-op worker on the forums!

Can anybody remember if they sold ginger beer (regular ginger beer, not alcoholic) at co-op in 2019?

I have a vague recollection that they didn't - very important as I need to know whether to stock up  on it!! Kiev Mules & Dark & Stormys at risk!!

I've not taken a chance, packed some GB already.

Covered this elsewhere, but if you like your dark & stormies I've found that the little soy sauce bottles you get in supermarket sushi trays are perfect for angostura bitters 👍

Funnily enough I came on here to ask the same question - bought some soda water today but would rather buy on-site as am coaching, anyone know if they stocked last time?