The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

Anyone know where the coop will be this year? Can’t see it on the map. 

Starting to put a list together now, and wondering if I need to bring mixers at all.. I assume they’re all I those small cans rather than the 1litre bottles? 

19 minutes ago, llloydy said:

Unless we hear otherwise, assume it hasn't moved. Don't think it was on the main map last time either, and it needs to be supplied by reasonably heavy vehicles which limits the potential locations.

25 minutes ago, llloydy said:

Starting to put a list together now, and wondering if I need to bring mixers at all.. I assume they’re all I those small cans rather than the 1litre bottles? 

I’ve tweeted them asking what they will be stocking this year … 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve tweeted them asking what they will be stocking this year … 

Great idea, thanks! Every time I start a food/drink shopping list I always end up wondering if there is any point because they’ll have it at the coop.

3 hours ago, llloydy said:

Same location as last time, sounds like similar stock too... 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-05-07/co-ops-pop-up-shop-set-to-return-to-glastonbury-festival-this-year

Same info plus Michael's support for the village store... 

https://thefestivals.uk/glastonbury-coop-returns/

Co-ops tend to be a lot smaller than the average main supermarket so normally have a reduced amount of product range compared to the larger ones. 

I doubt they will be bringing in new product lines just to sell on site. It’s probably fairly easy to work out what is going to be sold there based on the goods typically sold by them.

The next time someone passes by a local co-op grab some pics of the range of mixers especially the canned ones. Mainly wondering if they sell cans of tonic. The G&T thread has got my brain thinking. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Co-ops tend to be a lot smaller than the average main supermarket so normally have a reduced amount of product range compared to the larger ones. 

I doubt they will be bringing in new product lines just to sell on site. It’s probably fairly easy to work out what is going to be sold there based on the goods typically sold by them.

The next time someone passes by a local co-op grab some pics of the range of mixers especially the canned ones. Mainly wondering if they sell cans of tonic. The G&T thread has got my brain thinking. 

I think they sold cans of tonic last time I’m sure my wife was buying them and ice

Glastonbury 2019: Co-op meal deals for revellers as pop-up supermarket opens up at festival for the first time (inews.co.uk)

“While festival-goers will not be able to buy alcohol, we will have a wide range of soft drinks including mixers, and lots of ice.”

Some responses from what they had in the mixer range last time and a pic too...

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Hmm, odds on cans of tomato juice? Might just bring them with me to be safe... 

There's unlikely to be tomato juice I'm afraid! I work at the Co-op and had a look at a provisional list for my personal use (to see if they had Bloody Mary ingredients, unfortunately it's a no at the moment!)

I won't go into too much detail as the list isn't public or finalised, but for the rest of the mixers it's pretty standard stuff, Coke regular/Diet/Zero in multipacks or individual cans, tonic (plus slimline tonic) in small cans, and then juices (presumably in Tetra Packs not plastic), canned coffee drinks, and plenty of energy drinks unsurprisingly!

Edited by offmytrolley
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

There's unlikely to be tomato juice I'm afraid! I work at the Co-op and had a look at a provisional list for my personal use (to see if they had Bloody Mary ingredients, unfortunately it's a no at the moment!)

I won't go into too much detail as the list isn't public or finalised, but for the rest of the mixers it's pretty standard stuff, Coke regular/Diet/Zero in multipacks or individual cans, tonic (plus slimline tonic) in small cans, and then juices (presumably in Tetra Packs not plastic), canned coffee drinks, and plenty of energy drinks unsurprisingly!

Thank you 😊. I assumed that would be the case but good to have it (as good as) confirmed. 

I often shop in our local Co-op: they stock a lot of local produce plus usual branded items - it's a relatively large store, 6/7 aisles but 2 of them are alcohol so obvs that's out at the festival.

Latitude has had a Co-op for the last few festivals, I didn't manage to get Glasto 19 tickets so can't compare, but looking at all the info the Glasto one looks to be larger than the Latitude one.  Last year Latitude Co-op def stocked: all kinds of mixers, Fevertree tonic Inc, fruit (I accidentally left our lemons & limes in the fridge at home, so that was a joy to discover!) sandwiches, snacks, cakes, toiletries, milk, coffee, teas, ice, ice creams, basic bbq items etc they definitely had "bags for life"