The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

On 7/7/2019 at 8:08 PM, DoubleB said:

£2.50 for 2kg bag. Put into cool bag backpack = ice cold drinks all day long ?

Haha just answered a question I asked in another thread. 

This is the best thing I ever started doing since I started going to glastonbury. The morning run to Shepton mallet on the bus, 20-30 tins of  and 2 bags of ice into a big cool bag and you're elected for the day. With the heat this year it didn't last quite as long as previous years but definitely worth the carrying for the money saved, the benefit of ice cold tins and not needing to go to the bar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Haha just answered a question I asked in another thread. 

This is the best thing I ever started doing since I started going to glastonbury. The morning run to Shepton mallet on the bus, 20-30 tins of  and 2 bags of ice into a big cool bag and you're elected for the day. With the heat this year it didn't last quite as long as previous years but definitely worth the carrying for the money saved, the benefit of ice cold tins and not needing to go to the bar. 

Every day? Bloody hell, top effort, how long is a bus in to SM anyway? If it didn't impact too much, could be well worth it.

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Every day? Bloody hell, top effort, how long is a bus in to SM anyway? If it didn't impact too much, could be well worth it.

First bus goes at 10am, 14 mins in and comes back at 10.30. We camped in river mead so can leave the tent and be back in an hour in time for the action starting. 

Carrying the thing can be a bollocks on my little girly office hands but I have devised a strategy whereby you hold the handles of the bag up above your head with your arm locked almost straight and the bag rests on the back of your neck/shoulders. You look like an absolute dick but it's much easier and as the ice melts the water trickles out onto your sunburnt neck which is glorious. 

Edited by gherkin8r

9 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Carrying the thing can be a bollocks on my little girly office hands but I have devised a strategy whereby you hold the handles of the bag up above your head with your arm locked almost straight and the bag rests on the back of your neck/shoulders. You look like an absolute dick but it's much easier and as the ice melts the water trickles out onto your sunburnt neck which is glorious. 

Sounds like you're winning Glastonbury to me. Also, looking like a dick might as well come as advice on the ticket. If you don't look at your worst for at least half the time, you're not doing it right 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sounds like you're winning Glastonbury to me. Also, looking like a dick might as well come as advice on the ticket. If you don't look at your worst for at least half the time, you're not doing it right 

It's only me and my missus that were there this year so it's almost essential as between bar visits and toilet trips we would hardly see each other otherwise. Freezing cold tins are splendid in that heat too rather than paper cups with cider that is luke warm in a couple of mins in the heat. 

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

It's only me and my missus that were there this year so it's almost essential as between bar visits and toilet trips we would hardly see each other otherwise. Freezing cold tins are splendid in that heat too rather than paper cups with cider that is luke warm in a couple of mins in the heat. 

You want to get yourselves one of these no leakage at all unless you tip it up (which I did to move the ice around, was quite refreshing). 

EDFEB2BC-F90D-48C4-8A5E-052896D2E6BA.png

622DE293-354D-4207-B1EB-D8901E00A4D5.png

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Steveb72 said:

Damn just seen the price of the ice I was paying £5 at one of the stalls between the Pyramid and Other stage.

yeah I was paying £5 a bag at the shop between pylon and beat hotel - and no cool bag so it was gone in an hour or 2! beaut white Russians for breakfast though :) 

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was apprehensive about this last year but I have to say I'm a fan. Not sure I would be travelling all the way across site for it but I'm lucky that it's right by where I am.

The ice was a god send. Surprised by how little food we bought from there though.

What were the food / drink options? Did anyone make a price list that can be shared or anything? 

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

What were the food / drink options? Did anyone make a price list that can be shared or anything? 

I can't remember the prices but I think the meal deal were pretty popular. I want to say it was £1 for a can of water?

They had loads of drinks in the same way a normal Co-Op would, just no alcohol.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone pinpoint exactly where it was on the map?

Trying to work out where we camped last year by reference to it.

I know it's just off the railway at the corner of Oxylers, but it's difficult to work out precisely where it was.

Webmap-2019-v4-2.jpg

Edited by MaxPower

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just below the red circle with a black cross in it a third of the way from the left edge of the map and half way down.

Interesting, I think that means there's a set of toilets missing from the map then? Which is perhaps why I'm finding it so hard to work out where we bloody camped.

Just at the corner of Paines ground below where the Co-op was.

Edited by MaxPower