The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

Question as I didn't make it in there at all this year - did anyone see whether they had ginger beer (Old Jamaica or own brand) in the mixers section?

Not lugging in a couple of litres of that next year would be amazing! :lol:

Just now, Quark said:

Question as I didn't make it in there at all this year - did anyone see whether they had ginger beer (Old Jamaica or own brand) in the mixers section?

seconded :) 

18 hours ago, Dusk1983 said:

Not sure if you meant the coop itself but here we go anyway 

AC33430C-B1E6-4003-901B-4A5694CF5E15.jpeg

8CF28076-25A2-4D38-9D60-5FE7AF2BE470.jpeg

2B15094E-44D7-4C84-A70B-AF2DB4EA21BD.jpeg

Wow place looks great and sounds like it was a huge success!!

I see they were sponsoring the woven bags this year, so a free bags back at the gate?

The co-op bags handed out at the gate were a welcome surprise after the demise of the yeo-valley bags, which I use for my grocery shopping still.  Even harder wearing material, great slogan on the side, branding not obtrusive.  Very happy.  I got through the gate and a smiley fella handed me one saying "These are from Michael Eavis, have a great festival" which was a lovely way to be greeted.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I looked for mixers and all they had was coke, diet coke, fanta, Sprite, and then orange apple cranberry juices. They also had tiny tiny 50ml cans of soda and ginger ale for 90p each! It's possible they sold out or I missed them, but I didn't bring mixers as I was hoping to buy at coop and was super disappointed. 

16 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I looked for mixers and all they had was coke, diet coke, fanta, Sprite, and then orange apple cranberry juices. They also had tiny tiny 50ml cans of soda and ginger ale for 90p each! It's possible they sold out or I missed them, but I didn't bring mixers as I was hoping to buy at coop and was super disappointed. 

They had tonic too :) 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also, another question, how much was the actual meal deal and what did it include? Sandwich, crisps, drink for £6, or thereabouts?

Fiver for a sandwich, can and a snack which were like chicken bits etc rather than chocolate/crisp

13 hours ago, MetaKate said:

In Canada soda water and tonic water are the same ??

So many questions... Does it taste like soda water or tonic water though? The horror of ending up with a gin and soda is too much to bear....

Edited by LeeHC

There are plenty of better offers on site than the meal deal.  Had a fantastic veggie West Indian curry with coleslaw for a fiver in Shangri-La.  Was nom.  Saw plenty other £5 deals.

Thought co-op was great btw.  Appreciated the muted branding.  Purchased lots of ice.  Game changer.