The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

4 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Popped over this morning, deal meal for £5. Cans of mixer £1.10. fresh fruit available and also in pots etc. Crisps around £2 for a large share bag. BBQ stuff plates sausages etc. Muffins and bread bakery available. Got a couple of Chelsea buns for £1.75. Really impressed, so queues and all items near normal outside world prices.

Ta - really surprised the queues are so small!

33 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Popped over this morning, deal meal for £5. Cans of mixer £1.10. fresh fruit available and also in pots etc. Crisps around £2 for a large share bag. BBQ stuff plates sausages etc. Muffins and bread bakery available. Got a couple of Chelsea buns for £1.75. Really impressed, so queues and all items near normal outside world prices.

How much is tonic? 

6 minutes ago, JGP said:

Are the co-op selling things in plastic then? You mentioned fruit pots - not sure what else they could be sold in!

They're trialling 100% compostable packaging.

3 hours ago, Roger1 said:

Cans of mixer like 330ml cans?

or something bigger?

thanks

10 minutes ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

Demons. 

Can’t do maths but it’s surely better/almost equals to two quid for 500ml from the ice cream man!?

I just mixed my rum with coke which I’ll carry, the rest of my spirits I cAn mix with juice

7 hours ago, themuel said:

I’ve just been in out of curiosity and was massively impressed.  Essentials laid out in bulk, not overpriced and an efficient payment system.  

Brilliant! 

18 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Really impressed, even though it feels a bit odd at the same time. Useful and well priced.

Yep, both of these! Went in twice yesterday and really well stocked both times and literally seconds in the queue. Ice in my JD and coke was so very civilised ?

I was speaking to one of the traders (you know the ones that sell tat like the goggle sunglasses or glittery hats) yesterday and they are so mad that the Co-Op is there, and some stalls are taking cards. They were adamant that the festival will be over within 5 years.

The way I see it, you have to move with the times. Me, personally, I much prefer to use cards wherever possible, so I'm more inclined to go somewhere that takes them... And I'm also more inclined to buy something if it is cheaper. If I can buy 4 ice creams in the Co-Op for £2, why would I pay £3 for a Mr Whippy at an ice cream van?

22 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I was speaking to one of the traders (you know the ones that sell tat like the goggle sunglasses or glittery hats) yesterday and they are so mad that the Co-Op is there, and some stalls are taking cards. They were adamant that the festival will be over within 5 years.

The way I see it, you have to move with the times. Me, personally, I much prefer to use cards wherever possible, so I'm more inclined to go somewhere that takes them... And I'm also more inclined to buy something if it is cheaper. If I can buy 4 ice creams in the Co-Op for £2, why would I pay £3 for a Mr Whippy at an ice cream van?

I suppose it depends how much you think the independent traders bring to the whole 'vibe' which makes Glastonbury what it is.

42 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I can understand the annoyance at co-op, but what’s the issue with traders taking card? 

36 minutes ago, JGP said:

I suppose it depends how much you think the independent traders bring to the whole 'vibe' which makes Glastonbury what it is.

Depends if they’re decent or some  chancer in a van selling soft drinks cans for £3 and frozen chips for £6