The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

I went to Isle of WIght last weekend, never had to queue for their coop was fully staffed and fairly well stocked although some of the fruit stuff was a bit hard to come by like the meal deal £2 ish snack packs. Very reasonably priced for a festival, we had brought most booze in but four packs of dark fruits were £6.25 and packs of ten were £12-14 I think. The food was all priced pretty fairly, large bags of crisps for example were £2 each - not great obviously but compared to arena food much cheaper. I don't remember seeing ice past the first day though and we didn't see any of those parties like at Latitude. If anyone has questions feel free to ask me as I went in about 5 or 6 times over the three days I was there. Definitely could rely on it for the whole festival (well if it had alcohol!) and the fresh fruit and juices was so good in the mornings along with milk to kind of re-nutriate you I guess after drinking for the past 12 or so hours.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, crazyfool1 said:

they only way they could keep any alcohol cold in those quantities would be to restock it out the back of a chilled trailer .... I guess thats a possibility ... temporary chillers with shelves  I dont expect could hold the volumes that would be sold .

lol, obviously nobody here has been to one of the dozens of European festivals who manage it. For example, Boom does 8 days supply of cold drinks in 35C+ heat just using ice buckets.

Aaaaaanyway, I've only made it 11 pages through this thread do we know for sure yet a) where it's going to be, and b) what booze they will have?

2 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

lol, obviously nobody here has been to one of the dozens of European festivals who manage it. For example, Boom does 8 days supply of cold drinks in 35C+ heat just using ice buckets.

Aaaaaanyway, I've only made it 11 pages through this thread do we know for sure yet a) where it's going to be, and b) what booze they will have?

I have a tip for you, sir. This close to the festival you need to start at the end of a thread and read backwards.

It'll be just off the railway at Oxlyers Campsite. They will sell no alcohol.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

But this isn't mainland Europe!  The Brits go to pieces whenever the weather is slightly unusual!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But this isn't mainland Europe!  The Brits go to pieces whenever the weather is slightly unusual!

Yes, is this a result of too much puffing up by current politicians that we think we can do things as well as Europeans? 

It all sounds terribly crass to me. Can't we just set our bar low so that we quietly meet our rubbish expectations? 

9 minutes ago, 6xx said:

COuld anyone tell me where the Coop will be located?

Ive flicked through the thread and googled but cant find the answer.

Thanks

Didn't flick through this page then...

Popped over this morning, deal meal for £5. Cans of mixer £1.10. fresh fruit available and also in pots etc. Crisps around £2 for a large share bag. BBQ stuff plates sausages etc. Muffins and bread bakery available. Got a couple of Chelsea buns for £1.75. Really impressed, so queues and all items near normal outside world prices.