The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Still no news on camping equipment now that Cosy Camper aren't there?

I get that they don't want to encourage a disposable culture but for folks like you - and for those whose tents meet a sticky end, or their sleeping bag gets soaked or whatever - surely there has to be SOMETHING. Local scouts selling previously wombled equipment, anything.

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I get that they don't want to encourage a disposable culture but for folks like you - and for those whose tents meet a sticky end, or their sleeping bag gets soaked or whatever - surely there has to be SOMETHING. Local scouts selling previously wombled equipment, anything.

Yeah I'm all for a reduction in that sort of stuff but could do with the info either way! 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Somebody ask them if they'll be selling those little boxes of Schweppes mixer tins (tonics/lemonades/ginger beers). I'd ask myself but I always get ignored when I ask questions on Twitter, no idea why because I'm always very nice.

Check you don't have your privacy set so that only people who follow you can see your tweets.

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Somebody ask them if they'll be selling those little boxes of Schweppes mixer tins (tonics/lemonades/ginger beers). I'd ask myself but I always get ignored when I ask questions on Twitter, no idea why because I'm always very nice.

4 hours ago, ceetee said:

Check you don't have your privacy set so that only people who follow you can see your tweets.

I'd be very surprised if Lawn has followers. ?

1 minute ago, Divein said:

I’ve tweeted them re: slim line tonic and they’ve said the product list won’t be available before the festival.

Thats a tactic to get people through the doors ... confirming a big seller (ice ) alcohol they really had to confirm they wouldn't be selling it ... uproar if they didn't .... but smaller items they want people to come and look around and grab lots of things they dont plan on buying 

• 2 weeks later...

I assume co-op will be subject to same plastic sales bans as all other traders.

I understand the need for reducing plastic consumption but a bit of a pain if you want to buy a resealable soft drink or mixer. Of course the most environmentally sound alternative is glass bottles but of course off limits too. 

Is there a resealable alternative for buying soft drinks and mixers? Decanting a can of fizzy coke into my own reusable bottle could get a bit messy!

On 6/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

AHEM

My followers number into the double digits, and many of them aren't even bots!

I once had a follower, then they changed it so you couldn't follow yourself, now I don't know what I am doing when

So they won't tell us what they're selling but they won't be selling booze, is that correct? Mixers is a given, do we know the opening hours? 5am on the way back from the SEC could be a smart time to pop in and do the weekly big shop.

f165142186883ce59d49c461181ad24e.png

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

I assume co-op will be subject to same plastic sales bans as all other traders.

I understand the need for reducing plastic consumption but a bit of a pain if you want to buy a resealable soft drink or mixer. Of course the most environmentally sound alternative is glass bottles but of course off limits too. 

Is there a resealable alternative for buying soft drinks and mixers? Decanting a can of fizzy coke into my own reusable bottle could get a bit messy!

Looks like they will only be selling co-op branded goods (conveniently) for that reason.

Does anyone have an idea of what they were selling at Download?