The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

5 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I remember my first Leeds fest in 2012, they were doing a can and a bacon/sausage bap each day. The can options were Carling or Skol. They were out of Carling so we had a nice warm can of Skol to start the day. Disgusten.

Wish I'd gone for the pepsi.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Also, I hope everyone knows about the bakery the festival has between the workers tower and the circus field (hopefully it will be there this year again)- it's quite reasonably priced and you can get bread, rolls, donuts, cakes, muffins etc. Sometimes you get lucky and they'll sell extra large pieces of cake at the end of the day/night to get rid of it. Very delicious! it's a reasonably cheap way of filling up if the meal you bought elsewhere hasn't filled you up.

Yes, I’d recommend it too, usually buy something from them a couple of times each festival 

6 hours ago, incident said:

Just watched it back.

The £4.50 you saw was for the Meal Deal - Sandwich + Side + 500ml Drink.

sorry I don't have a CO-OP close to me so would not have a clue what a Meal Deal was - it was right in front of the large bottles but the camera did not get close enough.

35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, I’d recommend it too, usually buy something from them a couple of times each festival 

Yep, some very tasty stuff there including big slices of pizza but remember to ask them to heat it up hot because they usually just put it in the microwave for literally 5 secs. Still edible of course but I prefer my pizza hot. Lovely people though and great smiley service.

7 hours ago, StLewi said:

Back in the day, Leeds Fesvial offered a 'can amnesty' service, where you could trade warm cans of lager for ice cold Carling. People used to take crates of cheap-as-hell supermarket own brand lager and swap it. Granted, Carling's not the best, but an ice cold can is much better than a lukewarm 2% Aldi dishwater.

I think it only lasted a year or two, for obvious reasons.

and have you any idea where all the old cans went ?

at Reading there was the same set up and my Team ran it

Officially Carling claimed they would be handed to local shops but that was all bollocks as many of the cans were out of date .

it would cost more to sort though them and sterilise the ones that could be drunk.

I had a word with the driver and his orders were to transport them and dump them.

By the way it was not all cheap drink but it did vary - some joker showed up with cans so old they did not have a ring pull !!!!

there was cans with fungus growing on them !!!

I upset some of the illegal traders who showed up with 100+ cans - they wanted the case's { 24 in a case } to be handed over intact but I told them the cases would be split up and they would get 100 individual cans which of course would be impossible for one guy to transport - what a bloody cheek - that night we changed the sign so no one could hand over more than a dozen cans - the fast majority were genuine punters but there is no way I was going to make it easy for illegal sellers.

amnesty1-800.thumb.jpg.0e655f3370961597dc665433c8db9691.jpgamnesty2-800.jpg.428f78548083eea813c29435b0f3717f.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

I'm wondering if it's going to be where it states "Wholesale Market" on the map.

Are they going to be selling bottles of spirits? It would save me quite a bit of weight if they are.

Wholesale market is just for catering  traders. People with inter-stage passes (mainly hospitality and those with accessible needs)  can also walk through as it is one of the time saving cut throughs. :)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Wholesale market is just for catering  traders. People with inter-stage passes (mainly hospitality and those with accessible needs)  can also walk through as it is one of the time saving cut throughs. :)

Thanks. I did wonder if that was the case.

I honestly think this could be a massive game changer when it comes to the amount of gear (beer?) people have to lug in from their car that is a mile away. Sometimes twice.

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I honestly think this could be a massive game changer when it comes to the amount of gear (beer?) people have to lug in from their car that is a mile away. Sometimes twice.

At least they can bring a trolley.....

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it would make sense to me to put it against the fence line near gate A and the coach park ... this would aid resupply and help the coach goers pick up some bits and pieces as they arrive 

Unlike the coach travellers who aren't allowed to, so I am in agreement with @crazyfool1 that it would be ideally placed near gate A or at least that side of the site. This would also keep the bars and stalls happier! However would there be sufficient footfall there one the music starts?  :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

it would make sense to me to put it against the fence line near gate A and the coach park ... this would aid resupply and help the coach goers pick up some bits and pieces as they arrive 

We generally have our hands full - coachers don't get to take multiple trips, and struggle to fit trollies on board, so personally I'm not capable of carrying *anything* else.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We generally have our hands full - coachers don't get to take multiple trips, and struggle to fit trollies on board, so personally I'm not capable of carrying *anything* else.

Yep of course ... but passing it will make its location obvious ... would also think it’s the gate with the most arrivals :) and access easier for multiple deliveries 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

F off. I don't want hoards of people trailing past my tent in Darble all night looking for cheap booze, I camp there because it's Quiet!

14 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

F off. I don't want hoards of people trailing past my tent in Darble all night looking for cheap booze, I camp there because it's Quiet!

Wherever they put it it will involve people trailing past tents .... something made me think Emily had said it was going in /near the camping ... although that could be anywhere on site .... it was just a logical thought ... not a suggestion !!!

17 hours ago, MrZigster said:

But it doesn't benefit the festival to do this does it? They'd rather you were spending money in the bars than bringing your own booze in anyway...

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wherever they put it it will involve people trailing past tents .... something made me think Emily had said it was going in /near the camping ... although that could be anywhere on site .... it was just a logical thought ... not a suggestion !!!

That came across a bit more aggressive than I intended, I blame the drink!

Somewhere by Gate A would be a logical place for ease of restocking.

21 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

That came across a bit more aggressive than I intended, I blame the drink!

Somewhere by Gate A would be a logical place for ease of restocking.

No problem we are all passionate about the festival and dont want anything to spoil it , im sure I wouldn't want the coop on my doorstep when im camping either :) .... im also kind of immune to the internet as I know words can often not come across as meant :) 

Thinking outside the box, a radical solution would be to incorporate the cost of 24cans into the ticket price and collect them from kiosks around the site in exchange for the voucher. Like water aid kiosks but booze kiosks. Now I’ve been in the garden sampling beer, Stella, all afternoon so I am a wee bit pissed so I don’t know if this makes sense so I think I will stop this post before it become silly.  

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thinking outside the box, a radical solution would be to incorporate the cost of 24cans into the ticket price and collect them from kiosks around the site in exchange for the voucher. Like water aid kiosks but booze kiosks. Now I’ve been in the garden sampling beer, Stella, all afternoon so I am a wee bit pissed so I don’t know if this makes sense so I think I will stop this post before it become silly.  

optional I would hope .... you will drink stella :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

optional I would hope .... you will drink stella :) 

The bastard Scottish government has increased the cost per unit of alcohol forcing us to drink this. We will soon be driving over the border to stock up on cheap booze. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Why not allow them to take the universal token known as money?

Parents from Scotland were down in London recently and were astonished that we could still get a litre of gin for £16. The minimum price for alcohol in Scotland was meant to tackle the neds drinking 2 litre bottles of White Lightning, not get in the way of socially functioning alcoholics.

Edited by GMF