The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I didn't know that was you! I lost track ages ago, if people don't have the same name or at least the same picture I'm goosed!

of course not, how would you know  :-) , was just funny to see myself (the real social media me , not the efetest me) quoted when I had literally one second before posted the same on here - loved it :-)

As someone old and broken and dreading the walk in with just my basic gear, if they're selling cans - even at inflated prices - they'll make my time so much easier. The bars will be seeing more of me this year but nothing beats the convenience of having a couple of warm cans in your rucksack.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

As someone old and broken and dreading the walk in with just my basic gear, if they're selling cans - even at inflated prices - they'll make my time so much easier. The bars will be seeing more of me this year but nothing beats the convenience of having a couple of warm cans in your rucksack.

We are going to need a bigger co-op. I have got this image of 100k people queuing on Wednesday morning with a daysack with pants and t-shirts, a tent and a sleeping bag, saying "so where is this co-op?"

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

FFS. I go to Glastonbury to get away from work

From the sounds of it , its going to be in a campsite (no dea where I jus read that) so hoepfully not in the one you're heading for). If you don;t have a ticket then you can apply to work there if you lready work at co-op ;-)

41 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder if they will be sticking with the single use plastic thing .... no bags/ chargeable bags  ... no pot noodles etc ?

Pretty sure that the announcement was specifically related to drinks bottles. So it only really would affect water, soft drinks, milk etc which can all be sold in cans or cartons.

Obviously the long term goal will be to go beyond that, but right at this moment it's exceptionally difficult to completely get rid of single use plastics as Shambala found last year when they tried and failed.

6 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

From the sounds of it , its going to be in a campsite (no dea where I jus read that) so hoepfully not in the one you're heading for). If you don;t have a ticket then you can apply to work there if you lready work at co-op ?

It'll be in mine... probably pitch next to me!!!!

Is there any where decent to buy mixers in bulk? Just cans of lemonade would be ideal. I usually drink rum/southern comfort straight so I've never been bothered to look, but the missus will be after mixer. We can take some with us, but it would be handy to get some on site.

Wondering if this Co-op will be a game changer in that regard, or was there already a place to get it? 

Be interesting to see how they handle tinnies. If the Latitude one was outside of the main arena, it wouldn't have as big effect on bar sales by the stages. Can't imagine the bars at Glastonbury being too happy if you can buy crates on site since there's no gates between the camping and "arena". Would be a huge bonus for punters if that's the case though.

Just now, incident said:

Pretty sure that the announcement was specifically related to drinks bottles. So it only really would affect water, soft drinks, milk etc which can all be sold in cans or cartons.

Can we have spirits in a can or carton please. It would save me a ton of weight (well, a few kilos). It was hard enough to find them in plastic bottles anywhere. Usually end up decanting into old Lucozade bottles (the little ones, who said these things are "single use"?).

I wonder where it will be. It's going to have to be fairly big.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Can we have spirits in a can or carton please. It would save me a ton of weight (well, a few kilos). It was hard enough to find them in plastic bottles anywhere. Usually end up decanting into old Lucozade bottles (the little ones, who said these things are "single use"?).

At a guess, Paines/Dairy way.  Or maybe in the NW, to draw people to that end of the site?

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It looks massive from the video on page 2 of this thread, the article I posted says its going to be 7,000 sqft!! That's bigger than my local coop! 

2 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It looks massive from the video on page 2 of this thread, the article I posted says its going to be 7,000 sqft!! That's bigger than my local coop!

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Blimey. 7,000 sq ft.

Do keep up dear ;).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

i would also think it needs to be accessible 24 hours ...in terms of getting deliveries in and out ?