2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

To be fair @JJrock69 did say "Not one modern day rock band performing"

Most of those you mentioned can hardly be called modern - they are mostly from about 3 decades ago

I also wouldn't describe The Big Moon as rock by any stretch.

But you do raise a valid point - rock music has indeed probably died on its arse so we can hardly blame Glasto.  Still think they could have done better though

The word “modern” means absolutely nothing in the context of music though. Imagine willfully cutting yourself off from the likes of Macca, Ross or even Pet Shop Boys because they were around before an arbitrary date you’ve set.

Madness.

4 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

Is anyone else really disappointed with Fatboy headlining Other?  I get he wants to play every stage but headlining seems such a lazy booking and waste of a slot to me when he's there every single year.  

He's headlined The Other before - in 2005 on the Friday night. It was quite good fun, despite the fact that there was a river running through the Other field and everyone was at the white stripes. Me and my mate watched it from camping chairs at the back of the field (standing was nigh on impossible).

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is it just me who doesn’t see the issue in giving a long time friend and supporter of the festival a big slot on its anniversary?

The Fatlad has earned the right to play that slot.

Plenty more artists who deserve to be there on merit, 

Remember when Emily said Other stage headliners will be ''pyramid stage level headliners'' 

IMO only pet shop boys are 'pyramid level' Fatboy doesn't even come close to other stage let alone pyramid 

1 minute ago, JJrock69 said:

Plenty more artists who deserve to be there on merit, 

Remember when Emily said Other stage headliners will be ''pyramid stage level headliners'' 

IMO only pet shop boys are 'pyramid level' Fatboy doesn't even come close to other stage let alone pyramid 

Merit is subjective though.

Ultimately it’s their party, and if they want Norm leading it on the Other that’s their call.

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The word “modern” means absolutely nothing in the context of music though. Imagine willfully cutting yourself off from the likes of Macca, Ross or even Pet Shop Boys because they were around before an arbitrary date you’ve set.

Madness.

What’s madness? 

Who said anything about cutting yourself off based on a date - I will be right there for Ross and PSB clashes permitting.

I stated that a lot of those bands are hardly what you could call “modern” and stand by that. Never once said anyone should cut themselves off from them based on age - personally I can’t wait to see PSB, Manics, Primal Scream etc etc

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

What’s madness? 

Who said anything about cutting yourself off based on a date - I will be right there for Ross and PSB clashes permitting.

I stated that a lot of those bands are hardly what you could call “modern” and stand by that. Never once said anyone should cut themselves off from them based on age - personally I can’t wait to see PSB, Manics, Primal Scream etc etc

I didn’t mean you specifically, more the idea of someone dismissing older stuff because it isn’t modern.