jj200

2020 headliners

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are we taking it as red that Pet Shop Boys are headlining Other one night?..

Few suggesting they could be WH, I think they're too big for that though. Other headliner or Friday or Saturday (but more likely Friday).

Whilst I've convinced myself The Strokes isn't happening because I just don't see it happening personally, they'd be perfect to go up against Swift on Other I guess.. assuming Noel subs McCartney 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

We're taking it as near enough definite that they're playing, and Other headliner would be the best guess at the slot. They viably could play 2nd or 3rd from top on the Pyramid, but have previously said that their show needs to be in the dark. Given that last time they had one of the larger Other Stage headline crowds of the past 10 years, the suggestion that they could be moved to West Holts seems exceptionally unlikely.

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Not certain on other but I think it’s a safe bet. I think the suggestions other Friday against Kendrick are well founded.

It will split my group in half though. We are going as a four and two of them are strong PSB fans. Me and the other are strong Kendrick fans so...

From a popularity standpoint PSB feel closer to a New Order than an Underworld so based on recent history Other headliner, rather than WH, seems the best fit. 

5 minutes ago, incident said:

We're taking it as near enough definite that they're playing, and Other headliner would be the best guess at the slot. They viably could play 2nd or 3rd from top on the Pyramid, but have previously said that their show needs to be in the dark. Given that last time they had one of the larger Other Stage headline crowds of the past 10 years, the suggestion that they could be moved to West Holts seems exceptionally unlikely.

They could play WH with someone like Taylor or Macca on the Pyramid and a decent sized act on the Other. Not likely but not impossible.

Admittedly I’m just trying to twist reality so they don’t clash with Kendrick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Admittedly I’m just trying to twist reality so they don’t clash with Kendrick.

Yeah it does suck but I think the full light show is something they probably want.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Whilst I've convinced myself The Strokes isn't happening because I just don't see it happening personally, they'd be perfect to go up against Swift on Other I guess.. assuming Noel subs McCartney 

The strokes would be a great booking tho wunnit

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

The strokes would be a great booking tho wunnit

Certainly would

20 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I do love how The Strokes headlining the Other or even subbing the Pyramid is a ludicrous suggestion yet somehow the festival have not only convinced bloody Aerosmith to play a non-headline slot but also play 3rd/4th down it seems. If they can do that then nobody really can be definitively ruled out. 

Also how many acts have been asked about Glastonbury or other festivals and gone 'yup, I admit it, we're playing' rather than give a brush off answer or otherwise. Pretty sure the quote didn't explicitly rule out playing a festival but instead alluded to doing their own thing. Which is just par for the course really.

I do find it mad aerosmith are playing such a slot.

There newer albums however don't seem to sell so well so maybe a well covered slot will give records sales a needed spike

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

From a popularity standpoint PSB feel closer to a New Order than an Underworld so based on recent history Other headliner, rather than WH, seems the best fit. 

I would say PSB are bigger than New Order.

37 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Certainly more mainstream appeal, all the more reason they'll not be on WH I'd say

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I would say otherwise

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

I would say otherwise

PSB’s arena tour begs to differ.

8 minutes ago, jow95 said:

I would say otherwise

Mate I am quite fond of New Order, but PSB are bigger than New Order by every metric you wish to consider apart from biggest 12 inch single and number of nightclubs owned.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Mate I am quite fond of New Order, but PSB are bigger than New Order by every metric you wish to consider apart from biggest 12 inch single and number of nightclubs owned.

I said touché what more do you people want from me 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jow95 said:

I said touché what more do you people want from me 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Their current clout is probably cos they're now a nostalgia act for folk who were in their teens / at Uni when Is This It came out. Not so wildly different from The Killers.

Couldn’t agree more with this

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We all love to hear New Order and the Pet Shop Boys going at it together, don't we folks.

I like that one. :ph34r:

God I was so confused when that came out. 2 bands that I'd happily written off as utter tosh and they come up with that. Baffling.

Edited by Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We all love to hear New Order and the Pet Shop Boys going at it together, don't we folks.

Everyone apart from Hooky and Morrissey.