2020 headliners

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taylor Swift is out.   https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/588118/

Looks like we might have finally got Gaga for Fri judging by her latest heavily Glasto related Instagram post... I mean, they're striking pyramid poses... Even the flight attendan

Still to look forward to: • Self confirmations ramping up • Predicting the next announcement  • 1st poster day • Who's playing which stage and when • Who hasn't made the 1st p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

Apologies if already discussed and nullified elsewhere since the Coachella line up dropped, but is there an outside possibility Frank Ocean could fit the bill with solo artist who’s never played before? Headlining Coachella and would fall into the category of not much talk about him headlining. I’m with the majority in that it seems Kendrick is pretty much nailed on btw.

How would everyone feel if Frank got announced? 2 latest singles haven’t done anything for me personally, and reading people’s reviews of his other UK shows on here is a bit off-putting, but I’d definitely pop along if he was the Friday headliner as the 3 albums he does I’m very much a fan of. 

I'd actually welcome it being Frank as I wouldn't be as interested in seeing him as I would Kendrick. From the sounds of it, the whole line-up is going to be stacked with excellent headliners all over the place, so I'd appreciate being elsewhere than the Pyramid for Friday night.

All that said though, pretty sure it is Kendrick and I will be there for at least a portion - if not all - of his set, depending on who else is on that night.

Frank Ocean is a weird one. I think all of my mates are Frank Ocean fans, my missis is, her little sister. Probably fair to say none of our Mam and Dads have even heard of him. I’ve yet to see a best of decade that didn’t have one of Channel Orange or Blonde in its top 10 of the decade if not top 5.

Is he another record of similar quality and a big hit away from headlining Glastonbury? I’d like to think he was on it enough to appreciate what Glastonbury is to the U.K

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can't imagine many people's mums will have heard of Frank Ocean.

Apart from seeing his name on here, I have no clue who or what Frank Ocean is, what he sounds like or what he looks like. 

images.jpeg.800cb43b6953e131c49a6341d8ad7cfb.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart from seeing his name on here, I have no clue who or what Frank Ocean is, what he sounds like or what he looks like. 

He's from teenage rap group Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.

InbornFilthyAmericanbadger-small.gif.206219380dbc0a858ef60c1209286ef0.gif

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

images.jpeg.800cb43b6953e131c49a6341d8ad7cfb.jpeg

It's what the English Channel is known as to the French. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Apologies if already discussed and nullified elsewhere since the Coachella line up dropped, but is there an outside possibility Frank Ocean could fit the bill with solo artist who’s never played before? Headlining Coachella and would fall into the category of not much talk about him headlining. I’m with the majority in that it seems Kendrick is pretty much nailed on btw.

How would everyone feel if Frank got announced? 2 latest singles haven’t done anything for me personally, and reading people’s reviews of his other UK shows on here is a bit off-putting, but I’d definitely pop along if he was the Friday headliner as the 3 albums he does I’m very much a fan of. 

I mean it's possible, but up against the fact that Kendrick is playing all over Europe with a Glastonbury Friday shaped hole in his calendar, Frank never plays anywhere, he'd demand a massive fee, Kendrick has been rumoured by people who predicted Taylor, I'd say there's effectively no chance.

Anyone else kinda gutted he headliners are sewn up? I can't help but feel that my January usually really benefits from coming on here and seeing all the wild speculation. This hasn't been a "hot topic" for weeks!

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Anyone else kinda gutted he headliners are sewn up? I can't help but feel that my January usually really benefits from coming on here and seeing all the wild speculation. This hasn't been a "hot topic" for weeks!

I agree, it's quite a chunk of the anticipation and build-up that we can't now indulge in for this year

But if it's true that the Other stage (or indeed, other other stages) will be hosting 'Pyramid-headliner-sized' acts this year, then there's a whole next level of very significant bands / acts to speculate about... the only problem is, what do we call the thread for that frenzy?

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I would be if Kendrick wasn't one of them, absolutely buzzing to see him kill the Pyramid 

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I agree!  I only joined in October and loved all the endless speculation and debate - its now gone very quiet.  I can imagine it has been more fun in previous years.

They should just get on with it and have Bieber announced

Edited by circus92
23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Very true ,but  attention  now moved to the other stage(s).  The beauty of Glastonbury! There’s always something to discuss, a bit of controversy and divide opinions. Love it ! 

4 hours ago, circus92 said:

I agree!  I only joined in October and loved all the endless speculation and debate - its now gone very quiet.  I can imagine it has been more fun in previous years.

They should just get on with it and have Bieber announced

Still to look forward to:

• Self confirmations ramping up

• Predicting the next announcement 

• 1st poster day

• Who's playing which stage and when

• Who hasn't made the 1st poster 

• I've paid my balance thread 

• Resale joy and despair 

• Individual area announcements 

• New map thread

• Full lineup