2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Ah apologies, I misconstrued it as getting at him for choosing a male comparison rather than females in the same position. 

I'll edit my post now. 

No worries. I was doing the opposite, so if you read it as me being sarcy to Matt - which happens a not-small amount of the time - then I get it.

Yeah it was an intentional comparison to sheeran. Simply because Katy and miley had already hit the top by the time they played that slot. Dua is on her way and I think I a lot of people are keeping close tabs on her.

The reason why I think this is because (have a look at the statistics) UK female artists tend to have a big first album and struggle to keep their audience when it comes to the second. For some reason the second album curse hits them back.

However sometimes there are some which catapult... Adele is one to note.

I think there is a lot of excitement with what Dua is going to do next.

19 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I unintentionally saw Dua Lipa last year at Mad Cool and she was fantastic! Genuinely hope to see her make it to the top.

I hope so too. We could do with another UK female pop headliner. Adele keeps taking 5+ years off between albums. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah it was an intentional comparison to sheeran. Simply because Katy and miley had already hit the top by the time they played that slot. Dua is on her way and I think I a lot of people are keeping close tabs on her.

The reason why I think this is because (have a look at the statistics) UK female artists tend to have a big first album and struggle to keep their audience when it comes to the second. For some reason the second album curse hits them back.

However sometimes there are some which catapult... Adele is one to note.

I think there is a lot of excitement with what Dua is going to do next.

Thats not restricted to uk females. It's a well known thing for years. The difficult 2nd album syndrome. In America they call it the "sophmore slump"

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I unintentionally saw Dua Lipa last year at Mad Cool and she was fantastic! Genuinely hope to see her make it to the top.

I saw her too. Great performance, people were dancing way back on the fake grass. Not sure who she was up against... Pearl Jam? But there was a decent sized crowd.

edit: I think it was NIN & still managed to catch the end of their set after finding friends

Edited by Bisque

27 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I saw her too. Great performance, people were dancing way back on the fake grass. Not sure who she was up against... Pearl Jam? But there was a decent sized crowd.

edit: I think it was NIN & still managed to catch the end of their set after finding friends

I just had to go and have a look. It was after NIN and before Underworld. 

Man what a weekend that was! 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I just had to go and have a look. It was after NIN and before Underworld. 

Man what a weekend that was! 

Great weekend. I had to leave during Dua Lipa and before Underworld, to get a flight. Only mistake I made from the entire weekend was not staying the extra day.

Mad Cool that year was the most enjoyable festival experience I have ever had.

50 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Great weekend. I had to leave during Dua Lipa and before Underworld, to get a flight. Only mistake I made from the entire weekend was not staying the extra day.

Mad Cool that year was the most enjoyable festival experience I have ever had.

I wouldn’t say it was the most enjoyable, Sziget blows it away ignoring line ups, but it was great fun.

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I wouldn’t say it was the most enjoyable, Sziget blows it away ignoring line ups, but it was great fun. Met some awesome people at Mola Hostel & the Welsh efest crew were there too

Some weird edited double post!

Edited by Bisque