Jump to content
jj200

2020 headliners

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they’re not a bad shout for the rock slot.

It's within the realms of possibility, would be a good laugh and can't see them charging too much.  My dream pick is Rage Against the Machine for that slot at the moment but I don't think that's very likely! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neither of those things are ever gonna happen.

Calm down Mystic Meg! 

Disclosure doing it is definitely unlikely, but The XX absolutely deserve it. 

Edited by Zacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Anyone remember Toots and the Maytals no showing west holts a few years ago?

 

Hope they play this year. They are doing some dates next year, they owe us!

They did their best to make up for it on the Truth Stage a few hours later. Was quite the surprise, walking past and seeing that they were on. But yes, they do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Calm down Mystic Meg! 

Disclosure doing it is definitely unlikely, but The XX absolutely deserve it. 

Mystic Meg 2 here.

I can't see that.  It would be the most melancholy headline set ever.   Subbing the Pyramid is as far as it's going.  Thankfully, Radiohead cheered everyone back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Anyone remember Toots and the Maytals no showing west holts a few years ago?

 

Hope they play this year. They are doing some dates next year, they owe us!

That was possibly the only time I have ever found myself disappointed at Glastonbury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

That was possibly the only time I have ever found myself disappointed at Glastonbury.

I was beyond annoyed. Stood there for ages. Then a few days later found out they played a mini set at the Shangri La. Was even more annoyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Stood there for ages. Then a few days later found out they played a mini set at the Shangri La. 

That’s a long time to stand there waiting 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen The Offspring many times and I have to admit that the last ones they were pretty boring. I think following the rock/punk bands would be great to have Billy Talent. They are touring Europe around that time and they are not playing Download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they’re not a bad shout for the rock slot.

Almost certain that Aerosmith's booking is considered this years rock slot. Not that The Offspring couldn't play elsewhere (mid Other), but there's no way they're getting a prime time Pyramid slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, stuie said:

Mystic Meg 2 here.

I can't see that.  It would be the most melancholy headline set ever.   Subbing the Pyramid is as far as it's going.  Thankfully, Radiohead cheered everyone back up.

Surprised you feel that way, I thought they went down amazingly. The live show feels so much beefier than the records. 

Each to their own though of course! It's an interesting question to think about, which British acts might be future headliners. 

Edited by Zacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Surprised you feel that way, I thought they went down amazingly. The live show feels so much beefier than the records. 

Each to their own though of course! It's an interesting question to think about, which British acts might be future headliners. 

Na you're right. 

That xx show was simply fantastic. Far better than the dross on afterwards. 

Will admit that I'm not sure I see The xx take a Pyramid headline slot though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday night headliner to be announced on 15th January according to Michael. I wonder if that will be the 1st or 2nd of the remaining 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sunday night headliner to be announced on 15th January according to Michael. I wonder if that will be the 1st or 2nd of the remaining 2?

That’s oddly specific. Makes you wonder if there was some sort of “won’t be announced for x days/weeks after BST goes on sale” arrangement in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That’s oddly specific. Makes you wonder if there was some sort of “won’t be announced for x days/weeks after BST goes on sale” arrangement in place.

when did bst go on sale ? how many days will it be ? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazyfool1 said:

when did bst go on sale ? how many days will it be ? :) 

I’m too lazy to check myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose they anticipate selling most of the tickets in the lead up to Christmas (I haven’t checked whether it has sold out or not). So announcing just afterwards won’t make a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If they went on sale last Friday it will be 40 days.

Martin Ashford has been in the desert only eating Taylor's skin flakes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Martin Ashford has been in the desert only eating Taylor's skin flakes.

I googled 40 days and 40 nights ... All it came up with was a shit film ... no reference to Martin whatsoever ...Im disappointed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...