2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

That’s what makes it an obvious fake. That and the absolute unnecessary act of producing loads of low quality printouts of something that’s strictly embargoed. 

Just printing these on my old Inkjet to ... pass around the office? In case anybody didn't get the memo that Madge has agreed to play second down on Other.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Obviously this is a fake.....but is there actually or has there been a solid rumor about the offspring playing yet?

They have nothing in their tour schedule after 18th of June and are also down to play at Download.  It's technically possible that they could appear (the download lineup makes no mention of The Offspring being a UK exclusive)  but there hasn't been anything (that I have seen) that links them to playing this year.

Still very early days though so this could all change

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

They have nothing in their tour schedule after 18th of June and are also down to play at Download.  It's technically possible that they could appear (the download lineup makes no mention of The Offspring being a UK exclusive)  but there hasn't been anything (that I have seen) that links them to playing this year.

Think they’re not a bad shout for the rock slot.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Would just about to ask this, The Offspring would be unbelievable! 

Would be such a fun set

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Fingers crossed they play!!! Be good to have some extra rock on the line up

25 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Anyone remember Toots and the Maytals no showing west holts a few years ago?

Hope they play this year. They are doing some dates next year, they owe us!

They did their best to make up for it on the Truth Stage a few hours later. Was quite the surprise, walking past and seeing that they were on. But yes, they do. 

23 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Calm down Mystic Meg! 

Disclosure doing it is definitely unlikely, but The XX absolutely deserve it. 

Mystic Meg 2 here.

I can't see that.  It would be the most melancholy headline set ever.   Subbing the Pyramid is as far as it's going.  Thankfully, Radiohead cheered everyone back up.

50 minutes ago, stuie said:

Mystic Meg 2 here.

I can't see that.  It would be the most melancholy headline set ever.   Subbing the Pyramid is as far as it's going.  Thankfully, Radiohead cheered everyone back up.

Surprised you feel that way, I thought they went down amazingly. The live show feels so much beefier than the records. 

Each to their own though of course! It's an interesting question to think about, which British acts might be future headliners. 

Edited by Zacko

26 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Surprised you feel that way, I thought they went down amazingly. The live show feels so much beefier than the records. 

Each to their own though of course! It's an interesting question to think about, which British acts might be future headliners. 

Na you're right. 

That xx show was simply fantastic. Far better than the dross on afterwards. 

Will admit that I'm not sure I see The xx take a Pyramid headline slot though. 

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sunday night headliner to be announced on 15th January according to Michael. I wonder if that will be the 1st or 2nd of the remaining 2?

That’s oddly specific. Makes you wonder if there was some sort of “won’t be announced for x days/weeks after BST goes on sale” arrangement in place.