jj200

2020 headliners

Just now, Bradders said:

They’re both completely different artists. Drake is generally focussed on commercial success while Kendrick is more about albums and artistic statements.

Basically explained what I was trying to say in two sentences 

1 hour ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I don’t like the Kendrick Lamar vs Foals vs FKA Twigs clash!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Considering Drake and Kendrick on the same level though is incredibly short sighted though. Drake is miles bigger than Kendrick in terms of sales in pretty much every metric.

Kendrick is big but he’s bigger in the critical acclaim realm. He can sell pretty well but Drake is like the Ed Sheeran of hip hop/ rap. Drake is much less likely to reduce his fee because everything he does is about the money and growing his brand.

I think Drake will headline one year, but the reason why Kendrick is headlining first is probably because Drake’s management don’t feel the need for an ‘exposure show’.

I would love to see Idles back at the farm for 2020.

Both Kendrick and Drake have headlined Coachella. They were both probably paid a lot to do it.

Kendrick made the most of his set and brought an entire production.

Drake had no production and was on stage alone. The show was criticised for feeling very phoned in.

I think Drake doesn’t really care about putting on a show. He played Coachella because they paid him. Kendrick on the other hand used it as an opportunity to do something cool.

1 hour ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Swap LDR out  put Dua Lipa in, then Capaldi in for Dua Lipa. Ian Brown over to The Other for Capaldi.

cant see Noel subbing Kendrick either, would be a big exodus I think.

Other than that I think thats not a bad shout.

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Emilie Sande? 

Id be billing Fontaines DC higher, and The Specials for sure ... maybe a high West Holts spot?

Ian Brown under the Libs? Tough call there.

Missing some names I reckon - Snow Patrol, Lightning Seeds, Isley Brothers .... 

Was thinking that Fontaines could play a similar sunset park slot akin to idles last year 

The Specials idea was a play on Blondie's opening other stage performance in 2014 so i don't think it's entirely out of the question

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Capaldi is headlining IoW so no chance he'd be 4th down on the Other stage

Snow Patrol were due to play in a similar position last year and they were down as headliners for latitude and are headlining Isle of Wight this year 

2 hours ago, Guy M said:

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Quite a few too low but overall lineup I could get behind, about 25 in there I'd like to see.

Have about 50 pages to catch up on but I'm assuming after the Lolla announcement we're now even more sure that it's Kendrick and Taylor?

If so then who was the first to call all 3?

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If so then who was the first to call all 3?

Probably the guy who came with the info of Kendrick, Swift, Noel and Aerosmith (with the assumption of Macca), or somebody not long after him. My memory's shite so can't remember if they were getting talked about before that as a trio.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably the guy who came with the info of Kendrick, Swift, Noel and Aerosmith (with the assumption of Macca), or somebody not long after him. My memory's shite so can't remember if they were getting talked about before that as a trio.

Was it just the 4 acts he listed? Can’t remember myself

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was it just the 4 acts he listed? Can’t remember myself

My memory is it was just the 4 acts with the additional guess of the Saturday being Macca, but I could well be wrong on that and I'm sure somebody better at sleuthing than me will be able to pull up what was actually said.

3 hours ago, Guy M said:

As someone who doesn’t feel equipped to put together comprehensive predictions across the big five stages, this is a decent go. In December. We’ll see worse between now and the big weekend.

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

Just now, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year?

Not in the slightest.

Just now, Smeble said:

Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

You mean all of those non Glastonbury obsessives who are paying close attention to who gets booked at the hundreds of festivals on the continent? I'm not too fussed what he thinks.

12 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year?

Not even a little.

33 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

Nope. Same as every year, It sells out before the line up drops. Its not about the line up and especially not about the headliners. It'll never be 'just another festival'.

36 minutes ago, Smeble said:

as a non ticket holder I couldnt care less if Emily was up on that stage playing a triangle ... or the worthy farm cows .... when I do get a ticket it will make not a jot of difference that some of the acts will also be enjoyed by others elsewhere ... it won't stop me singing or dancing badly because somewhere that has been done by someone else the same month .... as for the big year it hopefully means that they are still sustainable for the future and can donate the large amounts to charity again .... just another festival nah ... its the people I meet that that does it for me and ive not yet met anyone that performs on the big pointy thing :) 

2 hours ago, Guy M said:

Snow Patrol were due to play in a similar position last year and they were down as headliners for latitude and are headlining Isle of Wight this year 

Lewis Capaldi is huge right now whereas Snow Patrol haven't been huge since about 2007.

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

as a non ticket holder I couldnt care less if Emily was up on that stage playing a triangle ... or the worthy farm cows .... when I do get a ticket it will make not a jot of difference that some of the acts will also be enjoyed by others elsewhere ... it won't stop me singing or dancing badly because somewhere that has been done by someone else the same month .... as for the big year it hopefully means that they are still sustainable for the future and can donate the large amounts to charity again .... just another festival nah ... its the people I meet that that does it for me and ive not yet met anyone that performs on the big pointy thing :) 

A day I'm looking forward to almost as much as the line up drop is the day you post saying your ticket is secured. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

A day I'm looking forward to almost as much as the line up drop is the day you post saying your ticket is secured. 

:) cheers the support on here is superb ... and thank you everyone while I’m at it 

Edited by crazyfool1

what do we think about The Weeknd headlining the other against Macca? new music coming out and an album on the way and no doubt a tour over this side of the pond too

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Yes

4A0C3166-A2A1-4A3D-A290-E6985B997027.png

29 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

what do we think about The Weeknd headlining the other against Macca? new music coming out and an album on the way and no doubt a tour over this side of the pond too

I had the same prediction, but — as @Matt42 says — he was booked in 2013 and pulled out. I think once your relationship with Michael Eavis is soured, that's it.