2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I mean, Lionel, Chems, Scream, Supergrass and Dua Lipa would be a fun weekend. Snow Patrol headlining IOW though? Yikes.

And we thought they might have Taylor Swift!

I’ve seen worse undercards for sure, but that top three is a disaster. Seeing Lionel during the day at Glasto was a lot of fun, but as headliner of the whole thing? I’m not so sure. Same applies to Duran Duran. And that’s before we even get to the perennial indie bet setters.

In previous years IOW have clearly spent big on headliners and left nothing for the rest. This year it looks like they’ve gone the other way.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm actually kinda impressed that they've managed to select a collection of acts from across the last three decades which, when put together, would look out of place no matter the year. 

It's a musical Benetton ad

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm actually kinda impressed that they've managed to select a collection of acts from across the last three decades which, when put together, would look out of place no matter the year. 

Despite being the exact same sausage party as TRNSMT it still feels a little less heinous than what Geoff Ellis has cooked up.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Despite being the exact same sausage party as TRNSMT it still feels a little less heinous than what Geoff Ellis has cooked up.

Probably helped by the fact IOW haven't come out and said females need to start picking up guitars...

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve seen worse undercards for sure, but that top three is a disaster. Seeing Lionel during the day at Glasto was a lot of fun, but as headliner of the whole thing? I’m not so sure. Same applies to Duran Duran. And that’s before we even get to the perennial indie bet setters.

In previous years IOW have clearly spent big on headliners and left nothing for the rest. This year it looks like they’ve gone the other way.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Duran Duran when they headlined Bestival (I don't even like Duran Duran particularly).

5 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Justtt for the sake of argument, if you knew for certain that it wasn't Kendrick and Taylor headlining, what would the best guess be for the other two? (with all the same clues etc being accurate (e.g. 1 male, 1 female, never headlined etc.)

Post Malone and Madonna.