2020 headliners

jj200

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Are tickets likely to sell out immediately? I thought BST usually took a month or so even for the biggest dawgs, and here's Taylor with her famously crazy prices at the time of year when money is tightest.

BST is the worst festival i've been to purely down to the venue and the restrictions they have with sound levels. Could be a reason why they don't sell out straight away.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Whilst looking for news of Taylor Swift’s announcement for BST tomorrow, I saw in The Sun Bizarre column that Dua Lipa is tipped to be playing the Pyramid next year and that Aerosmith are touring UK arenas at an unconfirmed time next year.

No mention of exclusivity for Taylor either. Actually nods towards people who aren’t going to Glasto having the chance to see her there.

Would be a good slot and well deserved for Dua Lipa. Not sure she's quite had the huge break through moment I thought she'd have but she's gigged relentlessly and always does a good show.

Telling her 36m insta followers to vote labour doesn't do her any harm either ?

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Would be a good slot and well deserved for Dua Lipa. Not sure she's quite had the huge break through moment I thought she'd have but she's gigged relentlessly and always does a good show.

Telling her 36m insta followers to vote labour doesn't do her any harm either ?

I think Dua Lipa has sneak attacked the music industry. I know she is big but she has an average of 40 million monthly Spotify listeners. I was shocked when I saw that!

Thats more than some of the acts we would consider stadium fillers.

Edited by Matt42

I think the just  rarity of taylor not doing too many dates next year will make things sell out faster. Sold around 300,000 tickets between both sets of U.s. Lover Fest dates in a few days time. And lots of people are traveling for it, so itll be the case here. Plus if they announce a good chunk of support acts itll easily sweeten the pot.  

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think Dua Lipa has sneak attacked the music industry. I know she is big but she has an average of 40 million monthly Spotify listeners. I was shocked when I saw that!

Thats more than some of the acts we would consider stadium fillers.

Aye. I don't think she's quite broken through like Charli XCX for example but she does have a huge following that goes slightly under the radar. She's had some belting pop songs without necessarily a great album. 

Just now, Keithy said:

Aye. I don't think she's quite broken through like Charli XCX for example but she does have a huge following that goes slightly under the radar. She's had some belting pop songs without necessarily a great album. 

Charli xcx whilst winning the cultural war is nowhere near as popular as Dua. She might be seen as the more credible but she’s definitely not as big as someone getting 40 million streams a month. Charli averages about 10 million.

to put it into perspective Ed Sheeran is the most streamed artist on the planet and has held that for a few years now,  and he gets 63 million.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Whilst looking for news of Taylor Swift’s announcement for BST tomorrow, I saw in The Sun Bizarre column that Dua Lipa is tipped to be playing the Pyramid next year and that Aerosmith are touring UK arenas at an unconfirmed time next year.

No mention of exclusivity for Taylor either. Actually nods towards people who aren’t going to Glasto having the chance to see her there.

I saw the scum posted some kind of article but even though it's of interest I refuse to click any of their links, sounds like a pretty random article as I thought it was about Ellie Goulding!

On the time to sell out note I think she could do it pretty quickly, the mega spenny gold circle bit to go straight away I think (god i hate the layout of that festival but they keep booking great acts!)